The Riot

Commander Vir marched down the hall with swift footsteps surrounded on all sided by a clamoring group of crewmen, "No, not on her life, Tell Captain Young if she lets that Tesraki go, than she's not going to see him again. And get a Comm to Captain Kozlov, if he goes into the Cobalt nebulae, he's going to get his entire crew killed. Reroute him back to the GA, they can debrief him and give him his orders there. I want all the cargo sectors from A-D inventoried and the manifests in my files by the end of the week." He took a sharp turn, and the rest of the crew members were forced into a half jog to keep up. The mechanical leg was one of the most powerful pieces of military hardware ever created, so it wasn't a surprise that the rest of the crew had trouble keeping up especially when the commander got into one of his moods

The group of them clattered up the steps and marched onto the bridge where they dispersed suddenly like a wave breaking over rocks.

"Commander on the bridge!" One of the crewmen barked. At his call, the bridge crew turned to acknowledge their commander before turning back to their work. Commander Vir acknowledged them briefly in return before taking his seat in the captain's chair conjuring up a Holo-projection to examine a cosmic, projected map of his fleet. He grunted satisfied and pulled up the shipping manifests for bays F-J. He looked them over with his one green eye flying critically across the image.

Since the introduction of humanity into the Galactic Community, intergalactic trade has risen tenfold requiring large shipments of cargo across wide swatches of space, however pilots were limited, and most, if not all, civilian pilots were just now coming out of the academies wet behind the ears and not ready for such large assignments. That put much of the burden on members of the UNSC to ship needed materials from one area to another. At this moment in time, they were at full-bay capacity and would need to dock-off soon to unload cargo. It was a real annoyance, considering their actual orders revolved around searing the known galaxy for additional sentient life and making peaceful contact, but he would keep that particular opinion to himself.

Commander Vir swiveled sharply in his chair, "Systems report, Lieutenant."

The young woman leapt a little in her seat at the sudden barked order before turning to her screen, "All systems at 100% capacity sir, though, I would advise refraining from taking on any more cargo, for fear of putting too much stress on the warp core."

Commander Vir nodded, "Thank you lieutenant." The moment those words broke from his lips, the man slumped down into the captain's chair to throw his legs over one of the armrests. The commanding faced was dropped as easily as a dog shook off water, "Corporal, How's my time?"

"Two hours and fifteen minutes, Commander."

The man's grin grew wider, "New record, look at that, who said Commanding a fleet was supposed to be difficult." He crossed his ankles and lazily rested his arms behind his head stretching luxuriously in the glow of his success.

Just then, one of their new Drev officers turned in his seat, "Incoming Comm for you commander. It's the president of the galactic assembly."

Commander Vir sat up quickly adjusting himself. The black long-sleeve T would be fine enough, and he left the eyepatch on. Aliens weren't yet versed in human customs enough to know that the bit of finery was an odd eccentricity, "Put her on my channel he ordered." Wiping the grin from his face to be replaced with a mask of stern professionalism.

The Holo-projection jumped to life in front of him to reveal the face of the chairwoman of the galactic Assembly, a Rundi, standing in her ceremonial black robes.

"Your excellency, how may I be of service?" The Commander said leaning a little forward in his seat.

"Thank Sanctum's rings I was able to contact you." She said breathlessly