Customer Service

The Galactic Assembly members stood in council, hundreds of projected holograms stood at attention as nothing more than smoke and light upon the bridge of the UNSC Harbinger.

Commander Vir stood at attention ramrod straight pristine grey uniform pressed to perfection shoes polished to a shine. He clasped his hands lightly behind his b at shoulder width planted firmly on the ground silhouetted by the starfield towards his front.

"It was spotted on a routine patrol towards the edge of the system." The Rundi chairwoman began pressing her long tapering fingers together before her chest, "As far as we can tell there was only one, but that doesn't mean more aren't on the way."

"What do they want?"" The Finnari councilman began

"The Burg have no lover for the Galactic Assembly." The commander began, reaching out to grip the railing before him one handed, with the other still held stiff behind his back,

The Drev representative rumbled deep in his chest spear-butt clattering loudly against a metal floor, "And what quarrel do they have with the assembly."

There was a momentary silence on the bridge.

"Commander." The Rundi chairwoman prompted.

Commander Vir lifted his chin stepping back to once again place both hands behind his back pacing a few steps this way and that eyebrows slanted in an expression of worry, "I am afraid that would be my fault, General."

There was a shuffling about the council representatives.

He turned on his heel and came to attention before them, "Our last encounter ended, and honestly begun, on poor terms. It was towards the beginning of my tour, and I was unaware of their particular.... Quirks. Young and naive with an unfortunately uncontained bravado I am afraid I may have offended their leader. He saw it as an insult to his honor, and determined to kill me only after torturing the members of my crew which he had captured."

Surprise.

"Of course, I wasn't about to let my crew die for a mistake I had made. As it turns out the enzymes found in human saliva is particularly problematic for their species. The outer slime which lubricates their carapace and keeps their bodies from breaking down is particularly sensitive to the enzymes I mentioned earlier. None of us could have known what was going to happen." He turned another tight circle "As a precursor for some of you who may not know, spiting at someone in human culture is seen as an act of defiance or an insult. Thinking he was about to kill m crew, I had no particular respect for him. Of course my actions had greater consequence than I originally intended. He was dead within minutes, and the rest of my crew was able to escape." He trailed off at this point though his expression remained serious.

The Tesraki council member chuckled slightly, "As I recall, they withdrew from negotiations shortly after, and all commerce between our people and there's immediately ceased despite our best efforts. Of course, no one blames the commander, the Burg were breaking intergalactic tretis agreements by implementing the use of force without the approval of the GA.

"Even so." The Vrul began, "This does not bode well for their sudden reappearance."

"I have some dealings with the Burg." There was a short pause as Commander Vir turned to the side, looking on as his guest, an envoy, Lord Celex of the Celzex. The cute, fuzzy little creature with colorful fur, large feet and big eyes, never ceased to make any human in visual distance wish for a cuddle, but the Commander managed to restrain himself.

"Lord Celex?"

The fuzzy little creature rocked slightly on it's large feet big mournful eyes sharp with anger. Commander Vir tightened his hands behind his back expression still very serious.