14🔥Firsts

Thalia was rubbish at Geography. Especially American geography.  So when TK suggested some Uni's in Texas, Thalia just nodded and then would turn to Owen and ask where they were and if they were good. They then would get completely distracted and would talk about something completely different to Uni's. They had managed to do it for a few Uni's without TK noticing but he had eventually caught them.  He was in a bit of a grump that they hadn't really been paying attention to him but a little while later he was there smiling at the fact that they were getting on without him.  However Thalia thought it was nice that TK cared so much about her and wanted to help her pick Uni's.

Carlos popped over when he had a few seconds to make sure that there weren't any murders occurring but then left soon after. He had spent a few moments with TK in private and when TK came back he seemed even happier. There were probably a few cute Tarlos moments that happened. Thalia couldn't stop grinning when she saw TK and Carlos together. They seemed to make each other happy and everyone needed a little bit of that.

After Carlos had left, TK said he was going to watch a little bit of TV while Owen said he needed to do a little work. So Thalia went on her laptop and did a little bit of research about Uni's in Texas and living in America. She found out she would have to apply for a few things and a visa if she was going to study in America, however it would be easier for her seeing as her father was American.

She then looked at a few of the uni's that TK had suggested. She looked through them and made a list of the ones that she would like to go and visit. There were a few that she thought looked a bit weird but it was America, so anything was possible.  She then looked a bit at the news. Something called Covid had been making it way around the globe, cases had been rising and rising everywhere. A few countries such as China had closed their airports and Japan had closed their schools. Thalia only prayed that she would get back to England in time. It would be an absolute nightmare if she got stuck in America. There would be no way that she would be able to continue school in America. She would certainly fail her A-levels. Then what would she do. However right now it looked like she would be able to get home in time. 

That was if she knew what home was. She had no idea where she would stay when she got back to England. Her Mum had kicked her out and she didn't really know anyone that would be willing to let her live with them until she got a stable income, sure Amy and her parents would let her stay a few nights but she didn't want to inconvenience them. She also couldn't ask her Dad to come and live with her in the UK or ask for allowance that would allow her to live in England. They had only known each other for a week. She also couldn't transfer to an American school, they learnt completely different stuff and she would certainly fail if she did.

Her life sucked right now.

---------

Owen had noticed that Thalia had fallen asleep on her laptop when he walked into the kitchen area. She must of been suffering from jetlag if she had fallen asleep while she was busy doing stuff. He then grabbed a pillow from the couch and lifted her head from the laptop and to the pillow. He then quickly looked at what she had been researching. It was about Covid and airport closures. She was looking specifically at England. 

Before his cancer he would've carried her to the couch or upstairs to the spare bedroom. But now he wasn't his greatest physically even with the cancer retreating. He hadn't told Thalia about his cancer yet and he didn't know when to tell her. He didn't want her to worry about it but he wanted her to find out from him. TK had found out before he had the chance to tell him and he didn't want the same thing to happen with Thalia. If it did he didn't think that their relationship as father and daughter would recover. He didn't want to keep any secrets from her. Not after he hadn't been in her life for basically all of her childhood.

He had missed her first words, her first steps. The first time she went to school. The first that she did anything. He had missed all of her firsts.