25🔥Home

Gwyn doesn't mention the sight she saw a few minutes ago when she walks into the kitchen. Instead she pretends like it hasn't happened. She doesn't want to intrude on their father and daughter moment. Instead she goes and greets TK.

---------

Once Thalia has calmed down a little she explains to Owen that it was her Mum who had sent all that stuff. It contained the majority of her clothes and schoolwork with a few odds and ends. But her Mum hadn't even messaged her back or bothered to write a note to her. She told Owen how it kind of hurt her that her mother basically couldn't be bothered to have anything to do with her. Owen had just pulled her into another hug when she said this. He wanted her to know that she had a family with TK and him. That Carlos loved her like a little sister, how Marjan felt like Thalia was her younger cousin or something. How the whole 126 wanted her to be family because Owen and TK never shut up about her. How she had people who cared for her in Texas. How she had a home.

They both stayed in the hug for a while before they decided to go downstairs and eat. They probably would've stayed in a hug for longer but Thalia's stomach had started to growl so Owen had decided that it was time to eat.
As they made their way downstairs, Thalia's shoulders seemed to get heavier with every step. She was still nervous to meet Gwyn.

"Owen? I think we need to change my phone provider by the way. Its really expensive for me to receive messages here and send replies back."
Owen just smiles and nods as a response.
"Also Carlos said that maybe I could learn to drive?"
Again Owen nods with a bigger smile on his face. He knows what she's doing.
"Also we might need to get me new plugs for things like my phone and laptop. It's gonna be quite annoying to keep using an adapter."

Owen interrupts her before she can say anything else.
"Come on Thaila. Let's go eat. Just ignore Gwyn if she's rude to you. She won't be but if you feel uncomfortable then you can just go upstairs to my office."
"Can I go back like right now?"
"No, give her a chance."
Thalia just nods but then follows Owen when he opens the door to get to the kitchen.
"Hi everyone, you remember Thalia?"
Everyone says hello and Thalia waves back at them. She decided to sit in between TK and a person called Paul.

"You're Paul right?"
He nods before grabbing some food.
"I have a question but can you promise not to tell anyone, it seems stupid...."
Paul nods again but this time his face is more serious. He has no idea what Thalia is going to ask but it seems serious.
"What's the cowboys name, in my mind it's Jug but that doesn't seem right."
Paul cracks a smile at this before replying.
"His name is Judd not Jug."
Thalia covers her face with her hands in embarrassment.
"Oh God, please don't tell him that I thought his name was Jug."
Paul just laughs at this.
"You aren't going to tell him right?"
"No, I won't tell him."
"Thank you so much. It would be so embarrassing if he found out...."
Paul just chuckles again. 

Thalia then leans over to TK.
"By the way I bagsy shotgun on the way home if Gwyn doesn't get it."
"What? No way!"
"Why should you get it?"
"Because I'm older...."
"Well you're kind of acting like a three year old right now"
"No way am I acting like a three year old. You're the one who ignored me when you didn't get the front seat."
"I didn't ignore you. I was letting you hav....."

Both TK and Thalia are interrupted by Owen.
"Can you two stop arguing for once!"

Both TK and Thalia reply in unison.
"We weren't arguing!"

Everyone just laughs in reply. Conversations start between different people. Thalia ends up speaking with Paul and Marjan. Mateo (who was the probie) joins in occasionally. 
Overall dinner goes well but that could be because Thalia doesn't speak to Gwyn once. She isn't really looking forward to the car journey home but she hasn't to speak to Gwyn eventually.

They had decided that Owen would sleep on a sofa bed while Gwyn was in Texas. Thalia had taken over the spare bedroom so Gwyn couldn't exactly stay there. However Gwyn was only suppose to be there for around 2 weeks so it wasn't a massive deal. TK had offered to stay at Carlos' for the 2 weeks but Owen said that he wanted TK to stay at home. Thalia had also offered but Owen wanted to her to stay at home as well. He wanted to be able to see his daughter without driving for ages just to get to Carlos'.

"Hi Thalia. It's really nice to meet you, I'm Gwyn."
Thalia turned around to face Gwyn. She had just finished her conversation with Paul about going to Uni. Most people had gone home as dinner had finished. She was really not looking forward to having this conversation with Gwyn but she knew that it had to happen.

"Um hi Gwyn. Uh nice to meet you as well?"