26🔥Family Meeting

"I don't hate you. You haven't done anything wrong!"

"Really?"

"Yes, really"

Thalia sighs in relief. 

"Oh thank God. "

Gwyn chuckles before both Owen and TK make their way over to them. They both have nervous smiles on their face. Clearly having Gwyn here while Thalia here was also stressing TK and Owen out a bit.

"We were thinking of heading home now, if that's alright?"
Thalia can hear the nerves in TK's voice as he asks.

"Yeah, that should be fine. Right Thalia?"
Gwyn turns to face Thalia. Thalia nods in reply and then look at Owen and TK. They both look a little shocked to see Thalia and Gwyn speaking without any anger in their voices. Thalia was surprised as well to be honest but if Gwyn wasn't angry at her then she wasn't exactly going to ask why she wasn't angry at her. That would probably make Gwyn hate her and she really didn't want that.

They all said goodbye to everyone else and got in the car to head home. Owen had to help take the boxes from his offices to the car but they managed to fit the boxes and Gwyn's luggage in the boot (or as the American's would say, Trunk). Gwyn however got in the front seat so Thalia and TK were stuck in the back. 

---------

When they arrived home, TK went to go unlock the door while Owen helped Gwyn and Thalia with the luggage and the boxes. Thalia managed to carry 2 out of the 3 boxes but Owen had to carry one in while he also carried some of Gwyn's luggage. Thala felt quite sorry for him carrying multiple things but if she were to carry another box then she would definitely fall over and injure herself and she didn't really want that. Especially seeing as there wasn't free healthcare in America, which was really stupid, so she couldn't just go to the doctors.

Once they had taken everything inside they all went to to sit in the lounge. Owen had called a family meeting or something like that.

"So uh what are we doing here?"
Thalia felt really awkward here even though she knew that Gwyn didn't hate her.

"I thought it would be good if we had a talk now and clear anything up."
Owen had sat down on the chair that was slightly away from the sofa. That meant that Thalia, TK and Gwyn all have to sit on the sofa. TK sits in the middle while Thalia and Gwyn sit either side of him.

"Kind of feels like he's about to tell us off don't you think?"
TK laughs quietly as Thalia mumbles under her breath. Thankfully Owen doesn't hear them but Gwyn has a smile on her face at seeing their interaction. She did really like seeing TK and Thalia acting like brother and sister. It kind of made Gwyn wish that she could have given TK a sibling to grow up with.

---------

Once they finished their 'family meeting' (which Thalia thought was a complete waste of time but she wasn't going to say that to Owen) Thalia and TK stayed in the lounge to continue watching the TV show that they started to watch the other day. They didn't talk for a while but eventually Thalia broke the silence.

"So when was the last time that you and your mum see each other?"

"Uh before we left to come here. Also it's Mom not mum."

"No, I think you'll find that you Americans are the ones who speak ENGLISH wrong. You know not the English who created the language."

"Well you're kind of outnumbered here seeing as we're in America. I wouldn't go around saying that to everyone."
They both chuckle a bit before going back to their show. Thalia somehow falls asleep when they're watching it so TK has to go get Owen to carry her into her room. It would've been fine before Gwyn came but seeing as Owen has to sleep on the sofa, Thalia can't really sleep there. She doesn't wake as she is being carried or when she's dropped into her bed. She just stays asleep right through till the morning.

Owen also goes to sleep quite well seeing as he had a long shift that day. While Gwyn and TK stay up a bit chatting and catching up. TK is really happy that he gets to see his mom. Not so much that she's come to live with her ex-husband and her ex-husband's daughter. Makes things a little awkward but everyone seems to be getting along well so that's good?