27🔥Lia?

The next few days actually go quite well. Thalia and Gwyn both stay out of each other way when they could. To be honest that ended up to be quite a bit but they didn't quite manage leaving each other alone all the time. Owen was determined to make family dinner's a thing, even when he had a shift he wanted TK, Thalia and Gwyn to eat like a family. It was quite nice having family dinners because it meant that she didn't have to eat her or TK's cooking.
Neither her or TK could cook for their life. Thalia was able to bake cupcakes or make a few cookies and TK was able to make quite a few different types of smoothies and he could also bake a cake occasionally. However Owen and Gwyn were quite decent cooks. Of course they weren't 5 stars chefs but they were definitely better than both TK and Thalia combined. Sometimes when Owen had a shift, Gwyn would order takeout but they would never tell Owen when they did that though. He would probably have had a heart attack if he found out that they weren't eating healthily but who cares? You only live once...

Thalia had spent quite a bit of time with Owen during the last week. She really enjoyed spending time with her Dad even though she hadn't called him Dad. She had accidentally called him Dad in front of TK and Carlos but they hadn't said anything to her about it. So that saved Thalia from embarrassment.
Thalia had also spent some time at the firehouse. That was when she wasn't doing online lessons. Sometimes she watched her online lessons at the firehouse (the ones that were at like 2 in the morning for her in Texas that they had recorded) because after she got bored during the lesson she could go and find either Marjan or Mateo. They were cool with playing a video game with her however Judd and Paul were more strict about her schoolwork. If they caught Thalia slacking from her schoolwork they always dragged her back to her paused lesson. It was really annoying but she knew that they were trying to help her. They had all started to feel a bit like family. Marjan and Mateo were both like cousins to her, Paul and Judd were like brothers. TK was obviously her brother and Owen was obviously her Dad. She had a family and she loved it.

Thalia was bored of doing schoolwork. None of the teachers knew what they were doing and none of the students were actually doing the work. Thalia was tired of this pandemic already. It had stopped her going back to England and seeing some of her friends for the last time. It was weird to think that she would never see some of those people again. Thalia wasn't ready to move in from college yet but that seemed to be happening whether she liked it or not.

---------
"Lia? Do you want to go and do something with me"
Thalia lifted the covers off her head to see Owen standing in the doorway. It had just turned 10am and Thalia figured that he didn't have a shift today.
"Like right now?"

Owen just chuckles.
"Yes Lia. Like in the next hour..."

"But it hasn't even turned noon yet."

"Most people are already out of bed by now"

"Psychopaths, every single one of them..."

Owen just chuckles instead of replying.

"Come on Lia. Let's go to the mall or watch a film or something. My treat for you continuing to do school work despite how hard it is"

Thalia just nods before pulling the covers back over her head. She doesn't take notice to the nickname that Owen had given her. He had called her 'Lia' a few days ago and when she didn't respond negatively he kept it.
Owen then leaves her room. He knows that she'll be down in a bit. She won't be able to go back to sleep so she would get up even if it was 'too early'.
---------
"So what do you want to do?"
Thalia looks over to Owen as he's driving.

"Um I thought that a film would be really nice."

"Sure, any idea what you want to watch."

"I don't really know what films there are. I'll look when we're there."

The rest of the drive to the cinema is spent by them chatting.
When they arrive they both get out of the car and make their way to the entrance.
"I'll go get some popcorn and drinks, you go and pick a film to watch."

"Okay, thanks Dad"
Both Thalia and Owen freeze for a few seconds but before Owen can say anything, Thalia is running off to go pick a film. The only thought that goes through her mind and she runs off is....

I've messed it all up now....