Epilogue 2 - Hoor x Hashim

~Hum pey lazim hai sadaa usko sadayen dena

Woh pukaren ge tou yeh wadaa khilafi hogi

********************

Hoor sat on the stage feeling all giddy while Hashim thought of himself as the luckiest guy in the world.Finally, he got what he wanted. His lopsided grin was saying it all. He picked Hoor’s hand in his from her lap and kissed its back. Hoor turned red due to the overwhelming shyness. She was never like this rather she was the feisty one even when she went to London. It was due to their changed relation that she was nervous as to what came next.

“Relax, Hoor. I am not going to do anything to you until the right time. For now, just enjoy this
moment.” Hashim said as he looked in her eyes which were open wide with surprise.

“I thought you were the doctor of heart not minds. How did you know what I was thinking?” Hoor asked
as she glared him.

For once Hashim thought as if he would drown in those orbs. He kept staring at her. Hoor felt his stare and lowered her eyes. Hashim got startled by the pinching pain on his arm and there! Our feisty Hoor is
back.

“Stop staring or it won’t be good for you.” Hoor said in a low angry tone.

Hoor there are still some skills of mine ready to be unfolded by you. Let’s just not do it here.” Hashim whispered in her ears.

Hoor just punched his arm feeling all the heat rushing in her cheeks. Hashim laughed whole heartedly.
Just then Shaan, Saahir and Mahrukh with Maahir in her arms came on the stage.
Hashim bhai I must confess I feel bad for you. You just got this jungle billi (wild cat) for lifetime. The good thing is I don’t have to bear her anymore. Mujhe lga tha k inki kabhi shadi nhi hogi aur bus mera jeena haram krne k liye paida hui hai.”
Shaan sighed and slumped next to Hashim.
(I thought she will never get married and is born to irritate the life out of me.)

Everyone laughed as Hoor slapped Shaan on the back of his head as she bent behind Hashim.
Ab tou jaan chour dou yar.” (At least leave me alone now.)
Shaan said and rubbed his head.
“Never.” Hoor said proudly.
“Enough of your banter. Leave my sister alone Shaan and please Hoor don’t irritate him more. He is my only brother you know.” Mahrukh said mischievously. Hoor gasped and muttered “traitor” under her breath. Hoor took Maahir from Mahrukh who made happy voices and hugged his khala kissing her cheek.

“Only my gudda is on my side.” Hoor said and smiled at Maahir.

“What about Hashim bhai then. He gave his whole life in hands of a witch and still you are so ungrateful.” Shaan said and placed his hand on his heart.

“I would give my thousands life to her if I got them.” Hashim said proudly looking at the aunt nephew
duo.

Everyone hooted on hearing this while Hoor busied herself showing as if she didn’t hear it. Mahrukh smiled and prayed for long lasting happiness of her sister. Later on, everyone bid good bye to the guests as an intimate bonfire was set up in the evening exclusively for the family members. Hoor was taken upstairs by Mahrukh and Hashim went with Saahir and Shaan to get freshened up and changed.

***************************

In the evening, all the boys dressed up in their casuals set up the barbeque and bonfire. All the women of the house chatted while men sat down to discuss politics. Mahrukh, Hoor and Maahir were missing as they were upstairs still getting ready. Just as everything was done and the boys sat down, Mahrukh and Hoor entered. Hoor was wearing a silk purple dress with embellished bodice while Mahrukh was wearing a simple golden kurta pajama with white embroidery. Hashim was awestruck on seeing Hoor with her hair open and red cheeks all glowing up with bliss. Same went for Saahir who stood up and immediately went towards Mahrukh. Mahrukh glared him and gestured towards all the elders who were smiling. Saahir simply ignored and picked Maahir up from her and took her in his embrace walking her
towards where he was sitting. Shaan whistled and laughed as she moved towards Hoor.