9

~ Nigahon ke tasadum se ajab iqraar kerta hai

Yaqeen Kamil nhi lekin guman hai pyar kerta hai

Mein is se poochti hun khwab mein mujh se muhabbat hai

Phir aankhein khol deti hun woh jab izhaar kerta hai

***************************

"I want you to leave me."

Saahir couldn't believe the words he just heard. It was as if someone had snatched his soul from his body.

"This is a joke, right?"

Saahir chuckled dryly as he moved forward towards Mahrukh. Mahrukh gestured him to stop with her hand.

"No, it is not. I heard everything clearly with my own ears. You love my baby sister and expect me to be normal with you again. Now I understand your behavior from day one. Hoor was the one for you and now I think of it you two deserve each other. You always wanted a lively person in your life who can make your life brighter while me being the simple one who knows only house work cannot fulfill your need."

Mahrukh said looking down and fidgeting her fingers in her lap. Saahir couldn't believe his ears. After all the love he gave her, she was still insecure about herself that only a single call made her to think of such things.

"Mahrukh it's nothing like that. I love you and that's the only justification I can give. I loved Hoor once but I confronted my feelings and I came to know that nothing can be my true love other than my mahram. I scolded my heart for even thinking about her without any relation. Believe me since I had the feeling of losing you, I have only loved you. It's the only justification I can give you which I think must satisfy. To believe me or not is up to you. I will not explain myself anymore."

Saahir said in a broken voice. He came forward and kissed her forehead as he left the room mumbling, "Thank you for the precious gift."

Mahrukh couldn't stop herself and burst into tears as soon as he left. She felt helpless as her heart wanted to believe him but somewhere in her mind the last conversation was fresh. She was crying softly when Hoor along with her family and Fiza came. She cleaned her face with her hands and smiled softly.

Mahrukh's mother and father came forward and kissed her forehead one by one.

"Are you alright, Mahrukh? You scared us so much."

"I am alright, ammi." Mahrukh mumbled as she kissed her mother's hands.

Fiza came forward and hugged her. Hoor was standing in the corner of the room with unshed tears in her eyes. After everyone ensured Mahrukh's well-being, they settled in the room. Mahrukh noticed the absence of Hoor as she looked towards the corner. She smiled and gesture for her to come forward.

Hoor came towards her while looking down and stood on her side.

"You were so excited to meet me and your bunny before. Now where has all that excitement evaporated? Mahrukh took Hoor's hand in hers as she stated mischievously.

Hoor suddenly started crying and hugged Mahrukh as Mahrukh rubbed her back.

"Appi I thought you were going to leave us. I dreamt that you left me and our bunny all alone. I was so scared. I came to surprise you and you surprised me more. Don't ever do this again, Promise me."