9

~ Woh ghazal ke sath lgati hai apni taweerein

Mein shaer parhne se pehle hi daad deta hun

Rukhma opened her eyes slowly as she felt a hand caressing her cheeks. She sat up slowly while Zul Aeid supported her by putting some pillows behind her.

“What happened?” Rukhma said rubbing her forehead.

“Nothing special just my begum who have been deeply in my love fainted on hearing that her husband has to go.” Zul Aeid said smiling.

Rukhma’s eyes went wide open as she remembered their talk. Fear crawled over her on thinking of losing his beloved one. Tears gathered in her eyes as her lips wobbled.
Zul Aeid quickly hugged her and hushed her as she cried.

“Jaan don’t cry. It is my duty to protect my country. You have to be brave for me, for all us. I know it’s not easy for you but if I am to die while saving our civilians and our country’s dignity, it will be the will of Allah and the greatest honor for me.”

Rukhma furiously shook her head as she pushed herself more to his chest.

“Ok ok now stop crying. I promise I will come back to you and look I have a surprise for you so that my begum can be happy.” Zul Aeid detached her from himself and cleaned tears from her eyes by his thumb.

He kissed her forehead and said,
“You are the most precious to me and I will never let any harm come to you. Just have some faith in Allah and pray for me so that I crush all the enemies and come back to you. Hmm?”

Rukhma sighed knowing there was no other way. She nodded and hugged him again. Zul Aeid rested his cheek on her head and smiled.

“Now tell me what you want to eat? You have been exhausted from the functions and that endless crying session. Ufff you girls are so dramatic.” After a few moments of silence Zul Aeid said dramatically.

Rukhma smacked his chest as she flared her nose.

“We are reunited after such a long time and you are saying this. How mean Aeid.”

“Well, I tried to praise your beauty and tell you my haal-e-dill but you are the one who fainted. I am thinking about what will happen when I come back and take you with me to the mountains where there will be no one except for us. Even thinking about it makes me so hot.” Zul Aeid fanned his face with his hands as Rukhma blushed.

“You are becoming too frank Mr. Aeid. I miss the rowdy Hassan on the train.” Rukhma said trying to hide her shyness.

“Mam you got a package then. I am your Aeid at night and Hassan in the day so get ready for a ride of a lifetime because I am never going to leave you and even if I do my ghost will haunt you."

Zul Aeid said as he winked at her. Rukhma fake glared him and sat up straight.

“You were asking about food I think.” Rukhma said as she furrowed her brows.

“Oh yes I am starving so should I eat you?” Zul Aeid said inching towards her.

“AEIDDDD!!!” Rukhma screamed in annoyance at his teasing while Zul Aeid laughed whole heartedly.

“Tell me what you want to eat and I will make it for you. Bi Jaan have slept so you have to bear with my cooking.” Zul Aeid said.

Rukhma glanced at the clock and it was 10 in the night, she thought about fainting for such a long time and scrunched her face.
“Don’t worry the doctor checked you and told that it would be best for you if you slept and relaxed. Bi Jaan and Baba Jaan were here but they had to take their medicine so I requested them to take rest. I will be enough for my wife now.”

Rukhma felt relaxed and smiled at Zul Aeid.
“Any preferences for food, mam?” Zul Aeid stood up and bowed in front of her acting like a waiter. Rukhma laughed and acted along.

“Waiter some pasta will do. Now if you excuse me, I have to go freshen up.” Rukhma said getting up.

“Ok mam but first I would like to take my tip for the special service.” And with his Zul Aeid pecked her lips and disappeared out of the door in a millisecond. Rukhma was shocked at what just happened. She quickly took her clothes and went to the bathroom feeling hard to breathe.

Rukhma changed in a navy blue shirt and trouser with net dupatta and sat in front of the mirror drying her long wet hair. After drying, she sat on the sofa waiting for Zul aeid to come. She thought about how Zul Aeid had become the same fun-loving person as he was in their childhood. Thinking about his behavior in the train, made her fearful that she may have lost her Aeid. She was deep in thoughts when Aeid waved his hand in front of her.

"Jaanam, thinking about me?"

Aeid wiggled his brows while Rukhma just rolled her eyes. She squealed excitedly on seeing the plate of cheesy pasta. She took the first bite and moaned on the smoky flavor.

"It's so good Aeid. I love it."

Zul Aeid smiled and cleaned the cheese from under her lips. Rukhma became nervous on his touch and looked away.

"Mrs. Aeid won't you feed me as well like you used to do back then?"

"Aeid, we were kids then." Rukhma murmured.

"And now we are husband and wife." Aeid said smiling.

Rukhma looked at him hesitantly and fed him a spoon of pasta. They finished the meal as Rukhma fed Aeid and Aeid teased her now and then.

After finishing, Rukhma got up to go brush her teeth while Zul Aeid took the plate out to kitchen.By the time he returned, Rukhma was already in bed tucked under the blanket. Zul Aeid changed into his comfy clothes and jumped in the bed beside her. He hugged her from behind and rested his head on hers.

"Aeid, why are you sleeping here?" Rukhma said shyly.

"I've finally found you after all these years of separation. Please just let me have a peaceful sleep for tonight." Aeid whispered sleepily.

Rukhma smiled and closed her eyes.

******************

Rukhma woke up the next morning as she saw Aeid sleeping with this mouth half open. She laughed and closed his mouth with her hand. She kissed his forehead and moved away from his embrace. After freshening up, she went downstairs looking for Bi Jaan but the person who sat in front of her shook her to the core.

Her eyes widened as she stood like a statue on the stairs. Her mind finding it hard to figure out.

*******************

Another cute update for you guysss!!!!!

Can anyone guess who is there to meet Rukhma 👀

Also, vote, comment and follow please. ❤️

P.s. If you guys have just a little free time please log onto Good Novel and give my novel "Metanoia" reviews and vote for it. It will mean the world for me.

Till then, take care and stay safe everyone ✨✨