2

Saara shehar hi shareek tha mere janaze pe

Jaane kya soch k rota raha qaatil tanha mera

******************A red dupatta flew with the air as the girl ran forward

******************
A red dupatta flew with the air as the girl ran forward. Her soft giggles filling the air in the lush garden. He stood smiling as the mischievous smiles of the girl warmed his heart.

“Catch me if you can Saahir.” Her melodious voice rang in his ears. He couldn’t look at the girl’s face but even the mere presence of her was enchanting. Her aura brought a kind of peace to his soul. He wanted to look at her and see the being who made him peaceful after along time.

Hoor.” He didn’t know why he said this but maybe it was the appropriate name for her in that situation.

The girl smiled and as she was to turn around a loud voice caused his sweet dream to be broken. He rubbed his eyes in annoyance and glared at the door as if glaring at the person who banged at the door causing disturbance in hi sleep. He was having this dream since a long time and he still wasn’t able to get a glance at the girl.

“Who is there?” He said.

Bhai get up already. It’s already 12 in the noon and you haven’t even woken up. You promised us you will take us to shopping today but here you are, dreaming of Allah knows who. Maybe he is dreaming about Mahrukh aapi and you know about the close scenes with her.” A shrill voice got his attention who spoke without taking a breath and in such loud voice which seemed as if Saahir was not in the room but at a far away place. The last part was said in a whisper but it was loud enough to be heard causing Saahir’s ears to turn red. He shook his head knowing the person standing outside.

He got up and fixed his hair with his fingers. As he opened the door, he saw a grinning Hoor and Shaan standing outside talking in whispers. They straightened themselves as they saw Saahir’s face.

Bhai just get ready already. You are a public servant and still you are lazy like this good for nothing Shaan.” Shaan glared her at her remark. She just winked at him and continued,” Just get in there and we want you ready in 10 minutes exactly or else you are fired from the post of my jeeju.” (Brother-in-law)

She said with fake authority. Saahir who was smiling at her act got tensed on the mention of the relation between them. It was already painful enough for him to accept her as his sister-in-law and forget about all his dreams he had for them.

“Okay I will be there.” He said seriously as he closed the door.

Shokha.” (show off) Hoor said and huffed as Shaan laughed out loud. Their bickering said as they went downstairs where Mahrukh was sitting with Fiza. After an hour, they were off to mall after having breakfast. Hoor pushed Mahrukh on the passenger seat as Mahrukh blushed while Saahir kept a straight face. All the way Shaan and Hoor teased the couple as Mahrukh occasionally glared them but it was of no use.

“It is hereby declared that the couple going to hitched soon will do the shopping themselves and we both will go by ourselves to do the shopping.” Hoor said loudly as they parked their car.

“But- “Saahir tried to say something.
“No arguments. It was decided and it will be done.” She said authoritatively.

Saahir sighed and everyone got out of the car. He tagged along with Mahrukh who was already tensed at his presence. She played with her fingers as she walked behind him. His intimidating aura was enough to silence everyone and she was just a shy girl who had never interacted with anyone beside the males of her family. They entered a woman’s shop.

“Buy anything you want. Take my card. I will be in the men’s shop just beside here.” He said as he handed her his card and went outside.

Mahrukh was somewhat hurt on his behavior. She was shy and reserved but that didn’t mean she had no dreams regarding her marriage and her husband. She understood his nature but for once she wanted him to be beside her for wedding preparations. All his cold behavior was breaking her heart. From the very first day after the nikah he hadn’t tried to talk to her. He didn’t even congratulate her on their nikah. It was just Fiza whose behavior with her was so good that made her to forget about his coldness but she had started feeling things now. She wanted to confront him and ask whether he was happy from the marriage or not but she couldn’t gather the courage to do so.

Half heartedly she went through the clothes and tried some of them. As she was changing clothes in the changing room, the lights went out and she heard a big explosion outside. It was as if the world has stopped for her. She had anxiety disorder and even the smallest things would disturb her making her unconscious. From childhood this disorder had caused a strain on her heart.

All the darkness and the shouting noise coming from outside caused her to slip on the ground and she fell with a thud on the ground.

*****************

Saahir was roaming around on the same floor as an explosion occurred in the upper floor. It was food arena on the upper floor and fire had already erupted on that floor. He suddenly ran upstairs as he knew Hoor and Shaan were in the food court. Panic erupted in his mind as he saw fire everywhere. His eyes looking around to see his loved ones. Just as he turned around, he saw Hoor and Shaan in the corner running towards the stairs. He went towards them and gained their attention as Shaan saw him.

Bhai.” Shaan engulfed him in a hug while Hoor stood near them looking behind him. Relief washed over him as he saw his Hoor standing fine there.

“There is nothing to worry. Let’s get you to the car.” He said as he detached Shaan and patted his shoulder.

“Where is Mahrukh aapi? Where did you leave her Bhai? She was supposed to be with you. Oh my Allah, she can’t handle such situations. Her heart will stop Bhai.”

Hoor shouted at Saahir as Saahir’s mind blocked for a second. In all this situation he had forgotten his responsibility, his wife. He cursed himself as he ran back but maybe it was all too late for them.

*****************

Eid mubarak to all the Muslim wattpad family. May this eid bring happiness and health for you and your family.

An eid treat for your guys. Hope you enjoy it. Please vote and comment.

Please vote for my book "Ishq" for best couple in ProjectAsia short story category for THE ASIAN AWARDS 2020. You can find it on my wall. Please shower your love.

Stay safe and healthy everyone ✨