12

~ Aankhon ka rang baat ka lehja badal gya
Woh shakhs ik sham mein kitna badal gya
Aankhon mein jitne ashk thay jugnoo se ban gye
Woh muskuraya aur meri duniya badal gya

~ Aankhon ka rang baat ka lehja badal gyaWoh shakhs ik sham mein kitna badal gyaAankhon mein jitne ashk thay jugnoo se ban gyeWoh muskuraya aur meri duniya badal gya

Zul aeid was getting ready in front of the mirror. He had to report today before his seniors for the mission. Rukhma sat on the bed as she saw him brushing his hair Tears gathered in her eyes thinking about losing him again after getting to be with him for such a little time. She tried hard to suppress her hiccups but in vain.

Zul Aeid clicked his tongue and sat in fron of Rukhma on his knees. He cleaned her tears and put his hands on her cheeks.

"Ab aese kro gi tou mein kesay jaun ga. Fouji ki biwi ho thora tou dil mazboot karo. Bas duaa kro k kamyab tumhare paas lotun."

(If you will do this then how will I go? You are the wife of a soldier so strengthen your heart a little. Just pray that I return successfully back to you.)

"What if something happens to you? I will not be able to live then."

Rukhma said in a low voice.

"I promise you that I will protect myself for you. I will return to you with all my heart." Zul Aeid said smilingly.

"Now stop crying. See me off with that beautiful smile of yours and please tell your brother Zaraar to stop irritating me. He always do stupid pranks during missions and I have to get in trouble to save him."

Zul Aeid grumbled thinking about Zaraar's childish acts.

Zaraar aka Gul Badan asked forgiveness from Rukhma after she came to know the truth. He did nothing wrong but still it felt bad to know someone but show utter ignorance. Rukhma forgave him easily but not before making him do 100 sit ups. Zaraar's face was worth seeing after the punishment while Zul Aeid laughed out loud at his condition. Zaraar gestured throwing a punch to Zul Aeid but sobered up on seeing Rukhma's gaze on him.

"Stop blaming my brother. I know he is a person good of heart and only wants to see you smile more often. You know a smile looks good on a stern face like yours."

Rukhma said giggling.

Zul Aeid's mouth fell open on listening to her.

"Acha. I am the stern looking."

Zul Aeid said as he reached towards Rukhma and started tickling her. Rukhma laughed out loud and tried to get away from Aeid's hold. After a few minutes both fell on the bed as Rukhma tried to catch her breath.

"Always keep smiling like this and be strong. I will be back before you know it."

Zul Aeid said as he turned towards Rukhma and pecked her lips. Rukhma's cheeks turned red.

"Let's go begum." (Wife)

Zul Aeid got up and held his hand for Rukhma. Rukhma got up and both of them reached for the breakfast table where all the family was already gathered.

****************

After bidding eveyone good bye Zul Aeid and Zaraar set off on their journey. Rukhma decided to stay with Bi Jaan for a few days while Daneen along with her mother went back home with Samraan.

Daneen sat in the front seat while her mother was at the back asleep. Daneen was starting to doze off when she felt a hand interwoven with hers. She looked up and saw a mischeivous looking Samraan staring at her.

"Samraan, let go. Ammi is here. What are you doing?"

Daneen whispered as she leaned towards Samraan so as not to wake up her mother.

"Let ammi see our love as well."
Samraan winked and held their hands tighter.

Daneen was all red with embarrassment. She tried to move away with all her might but all in vain. At last, she gave up and put her head on Samraan's shoulder. Samraan smiled and kissed her head. Daneen was content after such a long time.

"I am so happy to see Rukhma happy after all she had to bear. I pray for Zul aeid to return hail and hearty now." Daneen said with her eyes closed.

Samraan hummed and drove. After a while Daneen slept but Samraan was still thinking about the threats that her father had given him a few days ago. He wanted for Samraan to leave her daughter as Samraan had refused to help him anymore during elections. But it was impossible for Samraan to lose Daneen as she had engulfed all his senses and his heart beat for her only.

Soon they reached Kazim's house as they had to drop Daneen's mother first. Her mother insisted for them to come inside. Samraan was reluctant but Rukhma convinced him as she had to take some books from her room.

Samraan sat in the lounge as Daneen went upstairs and her mother went to the kitchen. He was looking around with a smile as he rememebered his first encounter with Daneen. That brave lady had captured his heart in the first meeting.

Just then Kazim entered and angrily strode towards Samraan.

"How dare you use my daughter and not do anything in return. I gave her to you for my future not hers. You play around with her and now shamelessly stand in my house."

Kazim roared. Samraan's anger boiled and he punched Kazim.

"Don't ever say a word against Daneen like this. You may not treat her as a daughter hut she is my wife now. She is my pride and I will not let anything happen to her."

Daneen stood on the staircase as she listened to her father spewing bad words about her. Her father wasn't a good person but she didn't know that he could stoop down so low.

Out of nowhere, Kazim pulled out his gun and pointed it at Daneen.

"Divorce her now or I'll kill her."

He shouted on top of his lungs.

Samraan and Daneen were dumbfounded at their places as their minds were unable to register the situation.

"Please stop." Samraan shouted.

"So you have decided to divorce her?" Kazim questioned.

"Never in a million years but stop before I do something that won't be good for your reputation."

Samraan growled.

"Then let's just play my side of game."

Kazim pulled the trigger as a bang was heard and a body fell on the ground. All of them knew life and death was a matter of seconds but no one expected this to happen.

**************

Guysss!!!

I know I said it is going to be the last chapter but I just couldn't end it here. Cliffhanger is a must 😉

So, who's dead? 👀

How was the chapter?

Vote, comment and follow.

Also, read my other book on GoodNovel as well.

Till, then stay safe ❤️❤️