5

~ Muddat ke baad  jo awaz di uss ne mujhe 

Qadmon ki kya majaal thi saansein bhi ruk gayin

"I am going to London."

Everyone at the table was shocked on such a sudden decision of hers.

"The university I have applied for has finally accepted my application. I was planning to tell you this since some time but could not do so because of wedding and everything. As for staying I would stay at Khala's (aunt's) place." She announced. She knew how she took the decision to go so far away from everyone. Last night's Saahir's confession made her feel guilty as she thought of herself responsible for every ignored moment Mahrukh had to go through and for the accident at the mall. She thought of all the times Mahrukh would have felt Saahir's love if she wasn't between them. So, the only possible way was to silently slip away so that they can spend their lives comfortably. Seeing Mahrukh's glowing face reduced the guilt somewhat but still she couldn't see directly into Saahir's eyes or be care free like olden times.

Saahir, on the other hand, felt ashamed of his confession. He shouldn't have said such things to her.

"Why are you going Hoor? Its just the second day of my marriage and you are going away from here." Mahrukh said while pouting.

"Oh, my sweet aapi if it wasn't for my dreams, I wouldn't have thought of leaving you. But I will promise I will visit you time by time. Just promise me of giving me a nephew or niece soon." She said while side hugging her and kissing on her cheeks.

Everyone laughed while Mahrukh blushed profusely and hit Hoor on her shoulder.

"If it is your decision then I respect it. You prepare for the departure and I will take care of all the paper work just give me the required documents."

Amjad Uncle said as he patted Hoor's head and Hoor hugged him.

Everyone then indulged in their talks while Shaan and Hoor teased Mahrukh a lot but Saahir felt restless. He thought of confronting her after breakfast and silently ate the food.

***********************************

The days passed as Hoor prepared for the departure. Everyone was seated in the lounge while Hoor was in her room. Just then Amjad came and sat on the sofa.

"Please Saahir beta (son) will you clear these papers and take sign of Hoor as well?"

Saahir nodded.

He took the papers from him and went outside. Due to his reach, the papers were stamped and he came back home directly going to Hoor's room. Hoor was sitting on the bed folding some clothes. He knocked on the door to gain attention. Hoor looked up and gestured for him to come.

"Please sign these papers Hoor."

Hoor silently took the papers from him and signed them.

"Hoor I know you are leaving because of me. Please don't go away from your family. I am giving Mahrukh my best and I promise I have buried all my feelings for you deep in my heart. I......"

Hoor gestured him to stop with his hand and said,

"Nothing is about you anymore and I forgive you for all your feelings. Just keep my sister and that is what I want most." She said in cold tone. Saahir just nodded and went outside.

Finally, the day came for Hoor's departure. Everyone saw her off at the lounge as she walked towards her destination with tear filled eyes filling everyone's heart with sadness.

*******************************

Mahrukh was sitting in their room crying his hearts out. She proved to be a loving wife and a perfect daughter in law for Fiza. She took care of all the household chores as well as Saahir's belongings. Saahir's heart was satisfied with her.

Saahir had just come home from work as he entered the room late at night. She would usually wait for him and ask for dinner but today was an exception as she sat weeping on the bed.

"What happened, Mahrukh dear tell me you are frightening me." Saahir exclaimed.

"Hoor left today and it is as if someone has ripped a piece of me and sent it somewhere. You know she was the source of joy in my boring life. When we were young, she used to cling to me so hard at night that I often complained to mama about it but she didn't stop from doing it. She hugged me even harder after complains. I don't know but I saw hurt in her eyes when she was going away and it is making me so restless now. What do I do?"

Mahrukh said as she cried. Saahir hugged her and placed her head on his chest. He stroked her hair to calm her down. Mahrukh stopped crying after some time and just stayed in the position taking in his cologne smell.

"You can call her whenever you want and I will also take you there to meet her in my vacation. No need to worry about anything, love." Saahir said softly as he pressed kisses to her head. She sighed and got up slapping her forehead.

"Ufffff I forgot about your dinner. You just freshen up and I will bring your dinner here." She stated.

"Have you not eaten your dinner?" Saahir said.

"I wanted to eat with you." Mahrukh said innocently.

Saahir's heart melted on her expressions and her love for him. He kissed her lips lovingly while hugging her tightly. He rested his forehead against her after the kiss and sighed. Mahrukh had gone all red by then.

"What would I have done without you." Saahir whispered as Mahrukh pushed him and ran outside.

Saahir ran his hand through his hair smiling like a love sick teenager as he entered the dressing room.

Sure, his heart loved Hoor since a long time and one cannot forget one's first love but Nikah is a sacred bond which melts even the most brittle of hearts. He respected Mahrukh for taking care of his mother and him and hoped that their relation will blossom with trust and love.

********************************

"Where is she, Saahir bhai?" Hoor said as she looked lifelessly at the crying baby which Saahir was carrying.

"She is gone." He said as the world came crashing upon her.

*************************************

Cliffhanger alert!

Everyone's giving me so many suggestions and I don't know what to do. After thinking about it so much I will make this story like I thought of it. It may be cliché but what can one do 😉.

Thank you so much for your responses. Love you all. Please keep on commenting and voting.

Stay safe everyone. 😊