²

"Maheen please give this file to boss. I have a presentation to make and I can't go right now. Please Please Please give it to him."

Maheen's friend Anoushay begged her . Maheen gave in to her friend's request and picked up the file. She started walking towards her boss's office. She was in her own thoughts as her feet came to a halt seeing the sight before her. There sat Shahzar clad in his lawyer's suit sipping a cup of tea while her boss was happily talking to him.

"Come come Maheen. Please meet our new law consultant Mr. Shahzar Shahzaib. Mr. Shahzar she is our most trusted employee Maheen Baig."

An unknown emotion flickered in Maheen's eyes but she steadied herself and gave a welcoming smile to Shahzar. Shahzar lost himself in her smile for once but nonetheless greeted her back.

"From now onwards he will work here. Please show him his room and tell him about all the staff here. I am giving you this responsibility because I fully trust you that you will always do your job well."

Maheen's boss said.

Maheen nodded and gestured Shahzar to come with her. Shahzar bid her boss good bye and came behind her.

During all the time Shahzar was intently looking at Maheen while Maheen professionally introduced him to the staff. At last she showed him the office. Shahzar called out Maheen as she was leaving.

"Maheen will you please have a cup of coffee with me?"

Maheen didn't turn back and ignored his question. Shahzar's heart dropped out as he thought about her behavior but Maheen had her own reasons for this.

************

Maheen came to her room and sat on her chair. It wasn't much of a choice to ignore Shahzar. It was difficult for her too. A lone tear dropped onto her cheek as she remembered the past.

PAST

"Shahzar what is your problem give me my book back!"

Maheen shrieked as Shahzar snatched her book and ran away. Maheen ran behind him but she was match to Shahzar's speed.

"Stop reading it for some time you dumbo. You are always reading whenever I am near now you tell me your problem."

Maheen was irritated at his question. She didn't want to tell him that he was more than a friend to her. She couldn't concentrate when he was near. She was afraid that she would give in as soon as she will see in his eyes.

"Its not that. You are thinking too much. Sofia was calling for you. Don't you remember. Lets go for ice cream you lazy bum."

Little did she know that she changed the topic for the time being while Shahzar was already aware of her condition.

Shahzar smiled on hearing this and took her hand in his and went outside with Maheen calling out Sofia as they went for an ice cream.

*************

Shahzar had come behind Maheen and was stunned to see her crying. He was perplexed at her behavior bit now was more worried for her. Both of them were unaware of what was the obstacle between them. Sometimes a misunderstanding causes tremendous distances. Only confrontation can solve such problems before they become an unending miserable memory.

*************

Thanks for the tremendous love to the book. I love you all ✨