8

~ Uss ko chaha magar izhaar na kerna aaya

Katt gayi umar humein pyaar na kerna aaya

Uss ne maanga bhi tou hum se judaai maangi

Aur hum thay ke humein inkaar na kerna aaya

Saahir rushed to the hospital with Mahrukh in his arms. Only he could imagine how scared he was for the well being of his wife and child. He couldn't imagine a blunder made by him. He scolded himself and berated himself for not telling Mahrukh before about it. He should have trusted his wife about his feelings so that she may accept it or give any punishment to Saahir for his mindless attitude he showed when he was under the charm of love for Hoor. Doctors had already warned them to keep any stress away from Mahrukh as her hormones go out of order and will be dangerous for her life. Saahir had almost lost her due to his carelessness and now again he was on the verge of losing the two most important people in his life.

He went towards the ICU as the nurses put her on the stretcher and doctors went with her inside. He cried silently. Fiza came forward and hugged him as he cried clutching onto Fiza's shoulder like a child. Fiza made him sit as she sat beside him and recited prayers for Mahrukh's life. Saahir sat with his head bowed down tears still flowing like a never-ending river.

********************************

Hoor rushed inside the hospital as she ran to the ICU. She didn't know what had happened wrong for Mahrukh to be in such state. All the time when they talked on the phone, she was happy and was waiting anxiously for her child. She wanted a boy for herself so that she could spoil him and make it a mama's boy while Saahir wanted a girl and Mahrukh would complain to Hoor all the time while Hoor laughed out loud on hearing her silly remarks.

Hoor saw Saahir sitting on the bench while Fiza was reciting some prayers. She walked towards them when the doctor came out and went towards Saahir.

"You already know that your wife has an anxiety disorder and it seems as if she got a great shock. Her body isn't responding to our procedures and we have to induce an early labor to protect your child. You should have been careful Mr. Saahir. We'll tell you about her condition after a while but it is possible that if she doesn't wake up, she may go into a comma."

The doctor said and walked back inside. Fiza gasped and clutched onto Saahir as her mind registered the words. She immediately ran to the prayer room. Hoor stood rooted at her place. As she got over the shock, she ran towards Saahir and clutched the collar of his shirt.

"What have you done now Mr. Saahir? You ruined my life with your petty feelings that I couldn't even face my own sister and now you ruined her life as well. Why don't you just leave us all alone and go away. I came to see my sister and what I am seeing is a miserable state of her created only by you. You will regret it, I tell you."

Hoor hissed as she left him and went towards the reception to tell her family about it.

"I did it. I am responsible. I am a monster." Saahir mumbled to himself as he slumped down again on the chair.

In no time the family arrived. Saahir was sitting in the corner and only nodded when anyone came to console him.

These were the longest 5 hours of their lives when a loved one was dying inside and all they could do was nothing. After 5 hours the light of the ICU wen out and nurses came with a small baby in a glass box with a respirator attached to him.

Everyone looked at the baby and reached towards it. Finally, Mahrukh's wish had come true. It was a baby boy. Saahir's cried seeing the small thing. The sign of his and Mahrukh's love. The strength of their relation. The baby was taken to another ward for special care.

"Your baby is healthy as compared to such early cases. He will have some problem breathing but as time progresses, he will get well with care. You can take him home after a few weeks." The doctor instructed.

"How is my wife, doctor?" Saahir asked.

"Her vitals look fine but she will take time to recover. She gained conscious as soon as the baby came but her state isn't good enough." The doctor said.

"Can we meet her?" Hoor asked.

"We are going to shift her to private room and then you can meet her." The doctor said and went away.

Everyone prayed for the well being of both Mahrukh and baby. Saahir rushed to the mosque and prayed to Allah for forgiveness.

"I know that I am a bad man. I had feelings for another girl while I ignored my own spouse whose responsibility was on me. But Allah you know that ever since my mind registered what I was doing wrong, I simply gave all my heart to my love. For the sake of even the slightest love I felt for Mahrukh, please bring her back to me. Please grant her health and don't take her away from me. Please give my family a chance." Saahir cried hard and prayed hard for Mahrukh. After getting a little content, he walked back to the hospital.

****************************************

With doctor's permission, Hoor went in to see her sister. She was devastated to see Mahrukh in a miserable state. Her face all pale and tubes attached to her arm. She went forward and kissed her hand.

"Mahrukh aapi, you see your wish was granted. Our little bunny is here. He is just waiting for his mama to see him. Please get up and let's see him together after all his khala came back for him, for you."

Hoor said with teary eyes. She perched her head on her hand when after some time she felt a movement.

Mahrukh slowly opened her eyes and saw her surroundings. Her mind was all blurred up. She put her hand on her stomach but freaked out on feeling nothing there.

"My baby-------" She croaked out.

"He is safe. He is in the children's ward. You will see him soon." Hoor said smiling as she caressed her hair.

Mahrukh then remembered everything. Saahir's confession for his love for her baby sister. All the heartbreak. Her guilt for coming between them. The blurriness of her eyes and finally a black out.

Her body became stiff as Hoor called the doctors and they checked her up. Her expressions remained the same when all the family came in. She nodded and smiled occasionally. Finally, Saahir gained all of his strength and came in.

He sat beside Mahrukh trying to make up his words. Mahrukh didn't even spare him a glance. The coldness of the room finally broke down as Mahrukh said,

"I want to be separated."

********************************************

The long-awaited punishment you readers wanted for Saahir is finally here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 😉

Due to online classes and assignments, I couldn't update but I will try to update soon from next time.

Thanks for all the support and love. Vote and comment. Stay safe guys 😊