11

~ Hum dilate hain munafeh ki zamanat tujh ko
Hum khareeden ge muhabbat ke hasaray saare

~ Hum dilate hain munafeh ki zamanat tujh koHum khareeden ge muhabbat ke hasaray saare

Daneen was making Samraan eat his meal while he was telling her about something regarding the latest election policy.
It's been 2 weeks to the accident and 2 weeks since she last heard from Rukhma. She told her mother about all the situation and the poor woman could do nothing except to cry on the fate.

However much we talk of woman empowerment but the bitter reality is that if a woman is married even to someone who mistreats her and abuses her, she is bound to stay with him and try to make the marriage work. Even if she is an independent woman who can earn enough to support herself and her children, she tries hard for the relationship for the sake of her children. Society is trying to change for better for abuse cases and divorcees but it will still take a long time to open people's arms for acceptance of everyone.

Daneen's mind was running around the phone call she got a few hours ago from Bi Jaan who was telling her about the nikah and asking permission from her mother. She was happy that Rukhma found such a loving husband and a great home but the tension regrading Samraan and Rukhma was still there.

"Daneen, Danu." Samraan said as he waved his hand before her.

Daneen quickly straightened herself and looked at Samraan with an eyebrow raised.

"Where are you lost, yar? I have been seeing you for the past 30 minutes and you have been constantly feeding me without letting me take a breath. I am not a child and I don't want to be fat soon,jaan."

Daneen looked down embarrassed. Samraan held her chin up and made her look in his eyes.

"You can talk to me about anything, you know. I will always listen to you and support you."

Daneen nodded her head and after some thoughts she stated,

"Rukhma is getting married tomorrow."
Daneen still looked down and was hoping for a reaction from Samraan as she thought he still loved her but only a silence enveloped them as Daneen felt a hot gaze on herself.

"So, you want to go to see your sister?" Samraan said enquiring.

Daneen looked at Samraan and finally said what was in her mind.

"Didn't you love her then why are you so calm on hearing about her marriage?"

Samraan laughed whole heartedly on her question. Daneen was still confused but Samraan placed the dishes aside and pulled Daneen closer to him such that she was sitting on his lap.