7| Nightmare

"What- how- why..." I stuttered and watched him casually leaning on the doorframe.

"I thought we already went through this at the hospital." He sighed.

"I knew you were there and I'm not crazy!" I exclaimed in excitement, then shook my head to get my senses back. Jumping on my feet from my bed, I pointed my finger at him. "Why did no one else see you there? You-you just vanished!"

"I hid and saved you from making a dafty of yourself." My brows scrunched at the Scottish word and he saw the confusion on my face. "A fool."

"But I did anyway." I scoffed, crossing my arms around my chest. I stared at him, then the memory of him in bandages clicked in my mind. "You're supposed to be in a coma!"

"I know. The doctor explained the situation pretty well." My jaw dropped as I stared at him.

"You were listening?!"

Damn, my throat!

"Yeah." He shrugged like it wasn't a big deal.

"You were in the accident and now you are in a coma..." He nodded his head. "Then how the hell are you here?!"

"I followed you." He gave me a toothy grin as I stared at him in disbelief.

What the f**k is going on here?!

I observed him from head to toe. The white sweater he wore was stainless with no sign of blood, and there wasn't a single scratch on his body. The car in the picture was wracked, and I saw him in the hospital, so how the hell...

"I got it now..." I mumbled.

"What?" He asked, tilting his head, looking cute.

"This is all an act!" I laughed, which sounded more like a maniac. "You fake that accident!" I accused.

"I didn't-"

"Of course you did!" I growled. "That's how you're even here!" I stepped forward and clenched my fists to my side. "Now tell me why you did it-" he opened his mouth, but I held my finger, "- how you did and who the hell is in that bed at the hospital?"

"That's me and I know it sounds crazy but... Trust me, I know nothing myself." He said, boring his ocean-sad eyes into mine.

"Trust?" I scoffed. "That will not happen after that stunt you pulled at the club."

"We have met before?" He asked, looking confused, and I gaped.

"First you denied you weren't hitting on me, and now you're going to act like we never met?" I snapped.

"I swear, I don't remember a thing." He said, running his hands through his hair. "The last thing I remember was waking and seeing my lifeless body on the ground with people around it taking me to the hospital."

"Listen, dude." I rubbed my hands over my face. "I don't get a single thing you just said and I'm not interested either. So I politely ask you to leave." I plastered a smile on my face.

"Naw." My jaw clenched.

"Excuse me?" I gritted through my teeth.

"You are the only one who can see me. So naw, I'm not going anywhere." I blinked my eyes and tried to process his words, but remained blank.

"I'm the only one who can see you?" He bobbed his head. I took a deep breath and tried to calm myself because this guy wasn't making any sense. "Leave my apartment or else I'll throw you myself."

"Fortunately, that's something you can't do." He grinned.

"Why?"

"Because you can't touch me."