33| Jet Lag

I kept tossing and turning in bed and couldn't get a wink of sleep. Giving up, I hopped off the bed and walked towards the window.

"Nightmare?" Finlay asked as he sprawled on the sofa.

"Jet Lag." I sighed and stared outside.

The rain has stopped, but the sky was still covered with grey clouds and the entire field was filled with darkness.

"Do you still see them?" Nodding my head, I glanced at him.

"Now I at least know the reason," I told him about my last nightmare, excluding the part where I almost kissed him.

"It's astonishing how things connect like that."

"I know right." We chuckled and stared at each other with stupid grins on our faces until, out of the blue, he flinched.

"Ouch."

"What was that?" My brows furrowed.

"Nothing." He grunted, rubbing his left arm. "The doctors give me a lot of injections, but this one stings a lot."

"What?" I blinked. "Someone injected you?"

"Yeah. They do this every day and night." He groaned.

"Every night at this hour?"

"Aye." His brows knitted in confusion when he saw the concern on my face. "Don't worry, they are just medicines-"

"But Finlay... I don't think a Doctor would come two in the morning to inject you." I motioned toward the time. His eyes widened when he realized what I was trying to say.

"It's someone from inside."

"We need to look." I bolted towards the door and walked into the hallway aimlessly. "F**k, where is your room?!"

"Upstairs." Finlay rushed ahead of me.

"See who it is. I'll catch up with you."

Nodding his head, he strode past the wall while I looked around and tried to remember the way to his room.

Stairs... I need to find them.

Dashing from one corridor to another, I searched for the stairs until I found them. They weren't the ones that Rosa took me to, but they all take you up. I climbed the stairs two at a time and followed the passage until I heard Finlay.

"Amber to you left!"

I took a sharp turn and a loud gasp escaped my lips when I came face to face with the hoodie guy.

He had a mask covering his face, and his eyes widened when he saw me. Without waiting a second, he shoved me to the side and flew.

"F**k!" I shrieked, grabbing the wall to balance myself. "Wait, you a**hole!" I took after him as he descend the stairs and shouted. "HELP! SOMEONE IS HERE!"

He was fast, but I couldn't lose him after being this close.

"HELP! ANYONE! FINLAY DO SOMETHING!"

Finlay reached out of the wall and stretched his hand toward the guy's leg. The hoodie guy stumbled and collapsed on the floor.

"Now I got you!" I leaped on his back and tried to clasp his hands together.

The guy squirmed beneath me and with all my power; I forced him down, but it wasn't enough. In a swift motion, he jolted up from the floor with me on his back, like he was giving me a piggyback ride.

"Show me your face!" I took his hoodie off and grabbed his mask from behind, but the f**kface bit my hand. "F**k!" I yelped, letting go of him, and landed on my butt.