16| Miss Blondie

Tapping my foot impatiently, I banged on the door again, a little louder this time.

"Smacking her door at three in the morning is not a good idea," Finlay said awkwardly as he stood beside me looking around the empty hallway.

Candice's apartment, to my surprise, was also downtown. A few blocks away from the club. The apartment was shitty trash like you see in horror movies with the lack of lights.

I'm still not convinced that Finlay's girlfriend lives here.

"Afraid you'll catch her in the bed with someone else?" I scoffed, side-glancing at Finlay.

"Naw!" His brows snapped.

"Then what's the problem?" I crossed my arms.

"This place looks shady and not safe for a girl to come here alone-"

"Candice must be used to-"

"I'm talking about you." He looked at me intensely.

Gulping, I glanced away from him, and the thought of him worrying about me made me giddy. Then I frowned.

What?

I'm feeling giddy because a ghost is worried about me.

Shit Amber, you need to get a grip on yourself.

"Open it already..." I thumped my fist on the door.

I'm sure the neighbor must be woken up, but not this girl.

"Maybe she's not home-" Finlay was cut off when the door burst open and Candice stood in front of us in nothing but a pink negligee barely covering her private parts.

"Found you," I smirked and her sleepy glare turned into a shock awakening when she recognized me.

Instead of inviting me inside, which I knew she wouldn't do, she was about to slam the door, but I placed my foot on the doorframe and pushed it on my shoulder.

"Go away!" She grumbled and with force closed it.

I feel sorry for my foot.

"No f**king way!" I screamed and shoved the door.

Candice stumbled back, and I entered her apartment, with Finlay following me.

"What the f**k?!" she shrieked and picked up her phone, which was on the nearby table. "Get out of my apartment or I'll call the police."

"Go ahead," I smirked and gestured to her. "I'm sure they'll be happy to hear about Finlay from you." Now that made her pause.

Gotcha!

"What do you want?" She growled, clenching her phone.

"Just a little friendly chat." I walked towards the worn-out couch to sit, but my face scrunched at the sight of it. "Did you do it here?"

"None of your concern." She snapped.

"I'll take that as a yes." I bobbed my head and stood in the middle of her messy living room... If you even call this tiny room that.

I observed the clothes scattered around with beer cans. The smell of weed lingered in the room and my eyes darted to Finlay, who was quietly scrutinizing his girlfriend.

"That's my... Girlfriend?" He dropped his head like a cute puppy.

"Don't get a hard-on." I snorted, and that made both his and Candice's eyes focus on me.

"What?" She frowned, and I shook my head.

"Nothing."

"Then why are you here, and how did you even find me?" She crossed her arms.