43| Lake

"I get it's the 'family' business and jealousy for you." I averted my gaze from Angus to Blair. "What about you?"

She gasped, putting a hand over her heart. "Ah feel offended by that. Ah mean, com' on, it'z mah family too." She paused, and her face scrunched in disgust. "Although it'z forceful, ah learn to love it."

"But you love Alistair-"

"Ah never loved Alistair." She scoffed. "He waz just an uwgly, fat boy mah parents betrothed me to. Ah was only marrying for the money... But now hiz looks er just a bonus."

I didn't know how Alistair looked before, but now he was just as handsome as Finlay and Neil.

"You felt threatened by Finlay getting the business."

"It technically belonged to mah fiancé because he iz the eldest in the family. So ah'm getting whit rightfully belongz to uz." She concluded with a beam.

"In short, you are just a greedy bit*h, and you..." I glared at Angus. "Are her play toy? You know she's going to kick your high a** when she's done with this-"

"Dae nawt listen to 'er, Angus." Blair cut me off and put a hand on his arm. "Let'z finish thiz tonight an' we'll be free."

I frowned when I felt the ropes on my right arm losing. Darting my eyes at Finlay, I saw his hand extended towards me and his eyes focused on the rope. I heard a metal cling and my head snapped towards Angus to see him holding a gun.

"You're going to kill me?" I dwelled trying to buy Finlay time.

"That'z whit happens to curious cats." Blair giggled. "Ye'er out of yer nine lives, Amber."

"And how are you planning to hide my body?"

"We'll throw ye in the woods." Angus shrugged. "There er a lot of wild animalz there to feast on ye."

"As for the cover-up." Blair gave me a once-over. "Everyone will think ye flew back to America because yer cover was blown."

"They know I'm his fiancée-"

"Ye aren't." She stepped towards me and I stiffen but sighed when she didn't notice the loose rope and snatched the ring out of my finger. "Thiz belongz to meh." She grinned and put it on her ring finger. "Fergus kens about ye since originally he was the one who hired Oliver."

Fergus knows? That's why he has been so suspicious of me?!

"He waz plannin' to front ye after the festival. We'll just say ye found out about it an' ran away." Angus concluded, loading the gun.

"It waz a pleasure meetin' ye Amber." Blair walked backward, waving her fingers at me. "An' don't worry. Finlay will follow ye shortly." with that she spun on her heels and walked out of the cell.

"Daen't worry Bonnie." Angus gave a disgusting grin and put the gun on my forehead. "Ah'll make it quick an' easy for ye."

I took a deep breath and was thinking of ways in my head to seize the gun from him with my one hand, but halted when I saw Finlay getting on his feet.

"Nawt on my watch," Finlay growled and lurched at Angus.

My eyes widened when he disappeared into his body. Angus's brows dipped into a frown when his hand shook and abruptly his wrist twisted making him yelp in pain and the gun dropped onto the floor.

"BLOODY FU-"

In a swift motion, his whole body flew back and slam into the wall while I jolted in my seat in surprise. My eyes bugged out when I saw Angus cursing and rolling on the floor.