Part 26 - Ice Ice Baby

Hi guys I am incredibly sorry that I haven't updated in FOREVER. I have planned out the rest of the chapters and I hope I will be able to update more frequently. Again I'm sorry, I hope you like this part!

--------------------------------------------

Velma's POV

-------------------------------

A cold blast of air hit Velma and Daphne as they entered the ice skating rink. The two wobbled on their skates until they reached the ice.

"It's colder in here than outside," Daphne said wrapping her arms around herself as they stepped up onto the ice.

Velma agreed absentmindedly, trying to focus her efforts on not face-planting in front of her girlfriend.

Daphne however looked like a pro. While the elderly and Velma skated around the edges of the rink, Daphne skated right down the middle and back.

Velma watched Daphne skate up to her in awe.

"Wow." was all Velma managed to say.

Daphne waved off Velma's amazement and took a hold of both of her hands.

"Come on," Daphne said as she tugged Velma along behind her.

Velma's noise of protest quickly died in her throat as the two skated around the rink with Daphne slightly pulling Velma with her.

Daphnes gloves were a light purple and held onto Velma's orange ones tightly. Daphne skated closer and Velma felt her cheeks burn. Daphne's hand came up to rest on her cheek and Velma leaned into the touch.

Daphne lead Velma around the rink, absentmindedly sliding her hand down to Velma's waist.

As they leaned into a turn on the rink, Velma pulled Daphne into a quick kiss. Daphne's eyes fluttered open as Velma drew away, and they smiled at each other.

"Oh sh-" Velma said as her leg came out from under her, the two crashed to the ice and Daphnes skate narrowly missed slicing Velma's ankle.

Daphne's hair was in Velma's mouth and the two struggled to stand again. Velma could feel Daphne's hand being crushed underneath her back and her ankle felt sore.

"Ow," Daphne said while she untangled herself from Velma's limbs.

Daphne was able to get up far sooner than Velma, and by the time Velma was standing (more accurately standing legs spread holding onto Daphne for dear life) she had had enough of ice skating for a long time.

They pulled each other out of the skating rink, giggling when one of them would stumble or walk unsteadily to the skate return stall.

"Where should we go now?" Daphne asked once they reached the car park, her hand swinging with Velmas between them.

"Preferably somewhere where we don't need to do any physical exercise," Velma replied, rubbing the sore spot on her behind.

Daphne laughed at that and they both got into the car.

------------------------------------------