Part 28 - 100 Degrees

Time passed quickly after their movie date, and before they knew it, it was the last day of school. Fred had been more reserved in the last weeks of school and had even gone as far as to apologize to Velma and Daphne.

And luckily the Heathers had left early for their vacation in Cabo.

Scooby and Shaggy had spent most of their school days planning a summer trip around the world. Which was largely about seeing the sights and "sampling" new cuisine.

Velma and Daphne had plans to go visit Velma's aunt in Amsterdam.

It seemed like all of Mystery Incorporated had their summer all set out.

Too bad Crystal Cove had other ideas.

--------------------------------------

Velma's POV

--------------------

It was a beautiful sunny day in Crystal Cove and Velma walked to her locker with a sudden burst of happiness. She hadn't felt this at peace for a while, and seeing Daphne waiting by the lockers just made the smile on Velmas face bigger.

"Hey, Daph," Velma said shoving her used notebooks back into her locker.

"Hi, babe,"

"Are you all packed for the flight,"

Velma fought her locker door shut while Daphne listed off the many things she was planning to bring on their trip.

"-But we leave next time so I still have time to remember things to bring,"

Velma smiled again as they began their walk to the car. "That's great Daph,"

"Oh hey! Daphne, Velma, wait up!"

Running up behind them was Dee Dee Sykes, in her hands was a huge stack of flyers that seemed to slip out of her fingers the more she moved.

"Hey Dee Dee," Daphne said as she and Velma grabbed the loose papers that had fallen to the floor.

"Oh thank you, you didn't have to do that," Dee Dee said as she took them back from Daphne.

Velma glanced down at the flyer she was holding. "Trickwell's Trickquid Summer Surfing Competition?"

"Oh yeah, that's actually why I came over here in the first place," Dee Dee said straightening up and handing a flyer back to Daphne. "There's this annual surfing competition down at Crystal Cove State Beach, and I was wondering if you guys would want to come?"

Daphne and Velma shared a look and a shrug.

"When is it?" Daphne asked.

"It's over the next three days, it's supposed to be great surfing weather and the whole thing is a fundraiser for an ocean cleanup organization." Dee Dee looked between both of them, her smile unwavering.

"Yeah sure we can come," Velma said glancing at Daphne who looked excited about the idea.

"Great! See you there," Dee Dee said as she walked away. As she left they could hear her chasing down more people.

"Well, that'll be fun," Velma said.

"I have the perfect beach outfits already picked out," Daphne said bumping Velma's shoulder with hers excitedly. "And I know you have been dying to use that beach metal detector,"

Velma chuckled as she got into their car. With a sigh and some flair, she responded, "Ah alas, Daphne my darling, you know me too well,"

Daphne rolled her eyes, "You're very dramatic you know that right,"