Part 24 - Basil and Hibiscus

Hi guys I know it's been a while and I am so sorry. Exams are no fun. I hope you guys like this chapter and since I'm going to have winter break soon I'm planning on posting a lot more. Again I'm sorry and I hope you like this chapter!

-

Velma's POV

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The ride back to Velma's house was quiet. Neither of the two had spoken about what had happened in the restaurant bathroom. Velma glanced over at Daphne and noticed Daphne smiling at her. Velma turned back to the road, her cheeks were hot. Out of the corner of her eye, Velma saw Daphne reach her hand out. Daphne's fingers gently grazed her neck and circled around one point.

"What's wrong? Is there something on my neck?", Velma checked her neck quickly in the rear-view mirror.

"Nothing," Daphne said pulling her hand away. Velma's neck felt cold with Daphne's hand gone.

Velma turned the corner and arrived at her house. There was another car in the driveway and Velma parked a bit behind them.

"Who's here?" Daphne asked stepping out of the car.

"I don't know." Velma locked the car behind them as they walked towards the front door.

"Maybe it's your parents."

"I doubt it, they aren't supposed to return until next week, and I think they were going to stay longer for research." Just as Velma finished her sentence the front door swung open and she was pulled into a suffocating hug.

"Nevermind." Velma managed to say. When Velma was finally released she was staring into the face of her rosy-cheeked mother.

"Hey, mom." She said stepping into the house.

The house smelled like basil and hibiscus, it was weird having her parents home.

Velma turned around and saw Daphne stuck in a bone-crushing hug.

"Let her breathe mom, jinkies."

"Sorry sorry, It's just been so long since I've seen you, girls." Her mom finally let go of Daphne and the three of them walked into the kitchen.

Daphne grabbed a water from the refrigerator as Velma settled herself on a barstool near the kitchen island. Velma's mother busied herself at the stove. Probably her latest meal inspired by those baking shows she always watches. It smells burnt.

"Where's Dad?"

"Oh he got a bit jet-lagged so he's taking a nap in our room." Velma's mom responded adding a peculiar-looking sauce into the pot at the stove.

"So where did you guys go this time ma'am?" Daphne asked sitting next to Velma.

The two talked for a few minutes and Velma's mom told them about her latest adventure in Zanzibar.

"So what have you two been up to?" Velma's mom dished out what looked to be pasta, and handed both girls a plate.

Velma and Daphne shared a glance.

"Oh nothing mom, we just went to the mall." Velma didn't look up from her plate of food.

"Oh, that sounds fun." Ms. Dinkley said as she started to wash the dishes.

"Yeah, it was Miss Dinkley, a lot of fun," Daphne smirked and Velma kicked her in the shin under the table.

Daphne and Velma sat in silence while Ms. Dinkley washed the dishes.

Ms. Dinkley looked up at Velma and opened her mouth to say something but instead gasped. "Velma Dinkley did you get into a fight!"

"What?" Velma looked to Daphne confused.

Ms. Dinkley put down her washcloth and walked over to Velma, she tilted Velma's neck to the side and pointed to a spot Velma couldn't see, "Well then how did you get this ugly looking bruise.".

Daphne burst out laughing and Velma rushed to the bathroom. She looked in the mirror and blushed.

A hickey, a freaking hickey.

Velma walked back into the kitchen, "Oh I think I just burned myself with my straightening iron, don't worry mom."

Her mom grunted disapprovingly, "I'm gonna go take a nap, you girls will wash your plates won't you?".

"Yes ma'am," Daphne said clearing her place.

The two girls washed their plates and went up to Velma's room.

Once she was sure she was out of ear-shot from her parents, Velma shoved Daphne.

Daphne stumbled, "Hey! What was that for?".

"You care to tell me why you forgot to mention I had a huge hickey on the side of my neck."

"It looked cute," Daphne shrugged, "and you had no idea which made it one hundred percent better."

Daphne giggled and Velma slumped onto her bed.

"And now my mom knows," Velma mumbled into her bed.

The bed dipped as Daphne sat next to Velma.

"I sincerely doubt that, she probably thinks you've joined a street gang and are getting into bar fights."

Velma laughed and rolled over, Daphne's eyes peered back at her.

"She probably does, but can you imagine me getting into bar fights?"

"You'd probably be a biter." Daphne shrugged and Velma shoved her again.

They both burst out laughing and Daphne laid beside Velma on the bed.

They caught their breath, and then they were just lying there, next to each other.

Daphne turned onto her side and traced a finger around the hickey. Her fingers tickled Velma, but Velma wouldn't dare move.

"I did that." Daphne whispered, Velma almost didn't hear her, and she had even convinced herself that Daphne hadn't said anything when Daphne spoke again.

"You're so beautiful."

"No you." Velma smiled and this time Daphne shoved her.

"I'm serious Velma."

"So am I."

Daphne brushed Velma's hair away from her neck. Velma held her breath. Daphne tilted her head and moved closer to Velma. Velma had to remind herself how to breathe, but once she did she was taking large breaths. Daphne started planting kisses on Velma's neck. The kisses weren't in a frenzy or in a rush of passion, they were slow, nice.

Daphne propped herself up with her elbow and leaned down into Velma. She nipped at Velma's ear and whispered, "You're perfect.".

Daphne's kisses were slow and deliberate, and her hand moved to Velma's hair. "I'm sorry I gave you this baby." Daphne's voice was muffled in the crook of Velma's neck.

She continued to kiss around the sore spot on Velma's neck and Velma did everything she could to not gasp. Daphne's lips felt amazing but her tongue felt even better.

Velma grabbed hold of Daphne's chin and pulled their faces close. Daphne's lips were swollen and she looked breathless.

"Did I do something wrong?" Daphne said, she was on top of Velma now, and her fiery red hair fell down the sides of her face, tickling Velma.

"Nothing's wrong, just- could you," Velma's cheeks flushed and Daphne smirked for the hundredth time.

"What baby?" Daphne leaned in closer and kissed Velma's jawline.

"Just kiss me you flirt." Velma groaned.

Daphne looked up and their eyes met, "I just did." Daphne said innocently.

"Jerk."

Their lips brushed together and Daphne whispered, "You don't mean that."