Part 14 - Realization

Daphne's POV
Daphne jumped down from the trees branches landing on the wet sludgy dirt below, completely ruining her new pair of shoes. Great, she thought to herself, could this day get any worse? She trudged to the front of Velma's house trying to get as far away from it as possible. Just as she was about to step on the sidewalk a sharp car horn stopped her mid step. Daphne quickly looked around and spotted a shiny silver Tesla parked on the other side of the road. The front seat window rolled down (idk how Tesla's work so excuse this entire chapter) and Heather's head popped out. "Daphne you look dreadful honey! Get in the car!" She shouted over the rain. Daphne looked around checking for any other cars coming and then sprinted across the street. She opened the back car door and quickly hopped in wanting to get out of the rain. Once Daphne was in the car Heather started driving.
"Sooooooo what were you doing at Velmas house?" One of the Heathers asked.
"Oh nothing just asking for my jacket back." Daphne lied avoiding eye contact and looking out the rain stained car window.
"Oh thank goodness! We all thought she had turned you into a dyke" The Heather driving said as the rest of the car burst into laughter.
Daphnes head snapped away from the car window. "What's wrong with being a dyke?" She asked as the car went silent again.
"Ew are you kidding me?" The heather closest to Daphne said.
"Now now Heather," the Heather driving started to say, "we don't have a problem with gay people right girls?"
"Right." The rest of the car responded.
"Ok" the Heather driving continued, "we just don't want a girl to try to have sex with us, cause that's gross."
Daphne was disgusted. These were the people she left the Mystery Gang for. The people she left Velma for.
"Stop the car!" Daphne yelled opening the car door. Heather screeched the car to a stop as all heads turned to Daphne.
"Why do you want to get out Daphne?" The Heather in the passenger seat asked.
Daphne stuck her foot out of the car as she said "Not every lesbian wants to have sex with you, you egotistical sociopaths!"
With that Daphne slammed the car door in their surprised faces. After a few seconds the car sped away and Daphne was left on the side of the road, in the rain. She was too far away from her house to walk and her phone was running out of battery. There was only one person to call. Daphne just hoped they would pick up.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi guys sorry this took so long to post. I've just not been feeling my writing lately so I hope you liked this chapter. I can't believe I hit 2.5k reads I'm so happy and thanks to all the people who have voted and commented! 💖