Part 27 - Bubblegum Heart

I am so sorry again for not updating in forever. The two chapters today are to make up for that in some way. 

In this chapter, there is a kind of steamy scene so if you are uncomfortable reading that you should skip past the scene that begins with (xxx), if you do skip the scene doesn't really affect the rest of the story so don't worry.

I hope you guys like this chapter!

---------------------------------------

Velma's POV

---------------------

It took some time, but they finally decided on what to do next.

"Fine we can watch the horror flick, but just know I will be screaming in your ear every single time I get scared."

"So for the whole movie then."

Daphne scoffed at Velma and shoved her in her seat.

Velma smiled. She didn't mind a burst eardrum if it meant being with Daphne. In fact, she realized, Daphne could do a lot worse and Velma wouldn't mind.

Velma was wrecked for this girl. She was absolutely destroyed.

Daphne went on listing her favorite movie snacks, while Velma just smiled to herself.

-----------------------------------

Daphne gasped loudly and Velma almost lost control of the car.

"What's wrong?"

Daphne pointed wide-eyed to the Target up the road. "We have to get candy."

"I think there will be candy at the theater."

Velma glanced at Daphne and saw Daphne had turned in her seat to stare at Velma.

"You really want to pay $30 for two bags of candy?"

Velma shrugged, "It's all about the quality, not quantity."

Daphne let out an exasperated sigh as Velma turned into the Target parking lot. 

----------------------

Daphne rushed to the candy and snack aisle and seemed to be meticulously choosing her food for the movie. 

In the end, they got three different bags of Takis, two bags of Reese's peanut butter cups and other chocolate, a few bags of sour patch kids, and two sandwiches from the Subway next door. 

Daphne lugged the bag of candy to the car and let out a content sigh. "We are finally ready for the drive-in theater."

"I think so," Velma said, dropping the sandwiches into the backseat of the car. 

---------------------------

(xxx)

Daphne got through an entire bag of Takis before they even got to the theater. And by the time Velma had gotten the back of the car ready for them, Daphne was halfway through another bag. 

"Ok, get over here hungry," Velma said pulling Daphne into the back of the car with her. 

"Hey," Daphne pouted dramatically, "falling takes a lot of energy out of a girl."