Football Match

I mentally check off 'go to Kayden's football game' off my checklist, as we walk from the library down the the pitch the mental note I took about what happened at Kayden's training pops up.

"I have a question," I say looking up at his face, "What is it?" Kayden pulls me into his side.

"What happened at training?" He lets out a heavy breath, "My coach said that I haven't been playing as good as I usually do and he's threatened to pull me out of the team," I lean onto his arm, "Kayden you know how good you are, all the guys are constantly competing to be better than you. You haven't lost your skill to play, you just need to focus again and put all your effort in." I hope that was effective.

"Thank you," he plants a kiss on my forehead.

There's quite a few people at the game so it's annoyingly loud but I just try to ignore it. Kayden and I walk over to where some the football team is, I get a hug from each and every one of them. Including Dylan who has a smug look on his face, "What's that look for?" he chuckles a bit, "You reckon she would make out with me behind the locker room?" I laugh at him and shake my head, "Oh Dylan, I think any girl would. But focus on your game." I say hitting his arm.

"Is he weighing up his odds with that girl who's been checking him out since we got here?" Josh chimes in, I nod my head, "Has she?" Dylan sarcastically gasps.

I look around to try and find Maya, I spot her talking to one of the players from the oppositions side. Oh Maya.

"Good Luck," I say to Kayden then give him a warm hug, to which Dylan gags, "I'm about to explain something to you because you might not know what it is, it's called a relationship-"

"Oh, those things I know what those are," Dylan says with disgust on his face.

"You should try it one day,"

"Does it expire after like thirty days? Or is there like a free trial?"

I shake my head and walk off as they walk into the locker room to get ready. The tall brunette who was practically drooling over Maya has left to get ready as well.

"Who was that?" I say wiggling my eyebrows, "Oh, no one," she says shrugging her shoulders, but I know for a fact she is about to burst with all the details so, I just stand there with a smug look on my face.

"I think I found the love of my life!" she squeals doing a twirl, "wow, don't get ahead of yourself-"

"No, he's perfect, he's funny, kind, strong, talented," Maya checks each thing off with a finger, "So, then he must not by your type when it comes to looks?" She dramatically shakes her head, "He is my type one hundred percent." I roll my eyes, "Maya you are completely lovestruck."

"I even got his number, yay!" I would continue to point out possible bad things about him, but I don't want to ruin Maya's moment, "Uh, it's going to start raining," Maya huffs out.

And so it does, it's raining buckets and the match has just started. Each quarter goes by really fast and by the last one we're way too far ahead for the other team to catch up. The girl Dylan was checking out has decided to make an appearance again.

I decide to approach her, "Hi, Alya," she smiles, "Hi, I'm Sophie, you have quite an attractive football team." Sophie blushes, "I think my friend would say the same about your team," she laughs, "Well, your friend just so happened to attract the best guy on the team," I nod my head in approval and look over at Maya, "and you just so happened to attract the 'it' boy of our school, if I'm being honest he only ever looks for hookups," she smiles again, "Yeah I figured, I doubt I can change that,"

"No harm in trying," I shrug my shoulders, she seems like a nice girl so why not try?

The game has finished and no surprise we won, Kayden is absolutely drenched and the moment he looks at me I know his first thought. Without hesitation he sprints straight up to me, I go to run away but only make it so far until he wraps his arms around me from behind and engulfs me in a tight hug.

"You're my favourite person," he says turning me around and kissing the breath out of me.

"I know that," I burst out laughing

"Do you think I scared away all the guy's that are swooning over you?"

"I would say you did a really good job at that, you played really well too, I'm proud of you, I would love to praise whoever it is that got you in the right mindset." I say sarcastically, "Yeah, she's a pretty average person I would say," he shrugs holding me closer.

"Okay how about you go get changed, you're lucky I'm wearing a million layers." I say pushing Kayden off. He smirks and walks off to the change rooms.

---

A drama free chapter I guess, there will be some drama coming up. How are you enjoying it so far? Thoughts on the character so far?