Just Friends

"I think we would all appreciate Lou getting pregnant once she's moved out so we don't have a baby whining at odd hours in the morning," My brother calls out as he enters his own room.

I feel myself heat up, really Liam that was so uncalled for. I remove myself from Dylan's lap and think back to the first time he was in my room. He was practically half nude.

"Why did you get into that fight?" Dylan huffs out a breath and probably contemplates whether he wants to answer or not.

"So, you're thinking about the night you stripped me half naked?" I roll my eyes and lightly push his chest.

"Okay so, you remember when Kayden had that scratch all along his face?" I nod for him to continue, "so, someone had pulled a knife on him because they showed up to school off their head. They tried to cut him but, Kayden managed to only get skimmed."

I furrow my brows at Dylan, "what does this have to do with you?"

"I'm getting there Dawson, patience is key." He says sarcastically, "anyway I saw him again when I was going out with Kayden. They started boasting about how good they did his face up. Then..."

Dylan pauses, "then?" I pressure him to get it out.

"Than he started talking shit about how Kayden lost you and can't keep a girlfriend and started talking shit about you."

"Like what?"

"Just that..." Dylan stops again, I understand he wants to protect me but I don't care what a bunch of idiots have to say about me.

"Just like stuff about good you'd be in bed and that you wasted time with Kayden, you only used him for that sort of stuff."

Dylan gives me a lopsided smile but I reassure him with a smile myself he still hasn't got to how the fight broke out though.

"After he through a few more insults about you, I was not going to let him continue to talk shit about you it hurt me too much to hear it and Kayden wasn't going to do anything. I wasn't going to fight him at all. All I did was push him up against a wall and spit shit back into his face and then his friend threw a punch and I was not going to let myself die so, I fought back."

I nod my head and slightly chuckle I don't know why, it's not funny at all.

"It hurt you?" I ask and Dylan pouts, "Hey I did something for you and it almost got me killed so don't laugh at me." He says defensively and I just fall into his chest still slightly chuckling.

"Okay, what's so funny?" I shake my head and look up at his hazel eyes. He gives me an accusing smile which shows off his dimples. I raise my finger to his face and start to trace where they are.

"Hey Dawson?"

"Yeah?" I say his gorgeous face still mesmerizing me. Dylan grabs my hands which helps me focus more on what he's saying.

"How long has it been since you and Kayden broke up?" I slump down and slight surprise washes over me at the question. I honestly don't have too much of an exact number. I think about it for a bit before answering, "more than a few months?" I say as more of a question than a statement.

"Why do you ask Hale? Oooo are you trying to get with me?" I say laughing harder than I should, I mean I don't hate the idea.

"Kayden told me the whole football team is up for grabs for me so, don't get your hopes up," I say shrugging and laying down on my bed.

"Oh is that so?" Dylan says leaning over the top of me his dark hair falling into his eyes. I brush it back with my hand and rest my hands at the bottom of his neck.

"You sure you can resist me?" I giggle quietly and look away from Dylan concentrating on the wall to my side.

But that only provokes him as he leans further in towards me, "This seems familiar does it not?" Dylan whispers in my ear cockily.

His breath fans my face as he inches closer and closer towards my lips and away from my ear. I bite back my smile and move around so he can't keep a close proximity to my face at all times. I love how it drives him mad. Dylan's face turns intense as he tries to constantly be the closest thing to me.

"You got to stop moving around Dawson," Dylan says softly keeping his gaze on my lips. I know just what will mess with him, it drives him mad to be so close to me yet not able to touch me.

I remove a hand from his neck and trace my fingers along his lips. The reaction is just as I expect he can barely contain himself as he moves his hands around to be in continuous contact with me. But before I can stop myself I blurt out, "Dylan, we're friends remember?"

"Mhm," He mumbles still in a daze, "Dylan," I groan pushing him up quickly looking towards my door. Liam closed it, good.

"We can't," I warn Dylan as his eyes trail back to meet my eyes.

"I understand, what movie are we watching?" Dylan says grabbing my laptop and stretching his long legs underneath my sheets.

"Surprise me."

--------------------------

That kind of hurt me to write :(