Study Session

"You're going to have to at some point provide some evidence of how badly you're failing so I know what exactly how much I need to help you," Dylan pulls a piece of paper out of his folder, "Oh," My voice wavers, "well-"

"It is bad, I know," I nod my head in full agreement, "It is," I say confidently, "gee thanks," he says pulling a face, "what am I supposed to be nice about it?"

"That would be appreciated-"

"Well, to bad, you are practically failing," I casually say shrugging my shoulders.

"And? Is that all you're going to say," He looks at me with begging eyes, "Meet me at the library after school, I'll see if I can fix this," I gesture towards his paper.

He nods and turns back to his work, I do so as well because I need to finish as much work as I can right now. I have made a few too many commitments lately and I'm worried it's going to get in the way of my own priorities.

The bells dismisses our class and I head straight for my locker so I can get their first, rather than waiting for the girl under me to have a half an hour conversation about the photo she decided to hang in her locker. I can probably recite the speech she's made about it. Fifth grade photos, 'look how awful that uniform is, am I right? Ha-ha' *gently brushes their arm* 'So, unflattering didn't outline any of my curves' *places hands on hips* 'and what was the face I was pulling, wow 11 year old me was so exotic'. I just sit on the opposite side of the corridor mouthing the exact words coming out of her mouth. Every now and again she notices and gives me a look, she even does these at certain times when the other person isn't looking so I memorise those as well. The joys of having a blabber mouth as your locker buddy. I sigh and put my math books back into my locker in alphabetical order, then my reading books as well, then put my pencil case in my bag and head of to the library.

Dylan looks up as soon as I walk through the door and waves at me, I make my way over to the booth he's sat at in the corner of the library only to notice the cool air of the ac. I smile at him and nod in approval, "I see why you chose this seat," Dylan looks at the ac like it's his friend, "yeah, I'd be as good as dead without these things," I laugh at him, "Air conditioner, they have a name use it," I say sarcastically, "Oh, is that their name, I thought it was Mitsubishi, which I shortened to Mitsi." He says drily.

"So, where do we even start," I peer over at his empty sheet and then his clueless face, where do I start? I tap my foot, the ac's quite loud, they probably have the fan speed on high. I shake my head and turn back to Dylan.

"Wherever you think you need to, even if it's like back to seventh grade," he smirks, but he probably doesn't realise that's how far back we need to go.

"Well, we do need to go back to basics." I decide not to drop the fact that he's back in primary school on him like a brick, however tempting it is.

"Ok, well let's grab the train back in time and hope that I learn something this time," I laugh at him, "Oh, trust me you will, I am not helping you for your jackass to not learn."

I'll be honest trying to teach someone like Dylan is not an easy thing there's a lot of... 'why?' 'how does that work' 'but when you put it in this situation that rule doesn't apply' 'did you just say letters?' 'that's a food item' 'what even is math?' 'ok, but when I become a janitor I don't think I'll have the time of day to calculate with pie-tha-gor -as thee-or-um how easy it will be for me to get from there *aggressively puts finger on table* to there *aggressively puts finger on other side of table*'

"For the sake of school Dylan you are going to have to pretend you will need it in your future," I rub my eyes, "I know I'm a pain in the ass, but it just-"

"doesn't make sense," we say in union chuckling, "I have heard it all night, you have only further convinced me how ridiculous math is," I slump down in my seat and look up at the paint peeling off of the ceiling.

"What are you thinking about?"

"You know you're not what I expected," I say looking back at Dylan, "How?"

"Well, you have this reputation for being the bad boy, yet around me you don't seem it," he leans over the table, "That, my dear friend Alya is because your boy- Kayden is on my football team and I have to be nice to you, if you want me to live up to my bad boy reputation just ask me to." His voice is low and husky, but I don't forget about him hesitating to call Kayden my boyfriend, "because Alya, I can be bad," he winks at me.

I chuckle at him, "It's time we get going," I get up from me seat questioning just about everything, are me and Kayden over? Did he talk to Dylan about it? Is he going to break up with me? Should I be the one to break up with him? Do I want to be with him?

The thoughts are to overwhelming, I start tapping my fingers around my bag strap and walk out the library following Dylan to his car. I look at my phone, I called Kayden he didn't answer, so, I got Dylan to tell Kayden that I was going to help him with work in the library. Apparently he was absolutely good with it, but I have no idea if that's the truth. I want to talk to him but it's hard when he never communicates with me.

"Hey, hello," Dylan chuckles, "as much as I love your company you've been sitting there for a solid five minutes and before your parents think I'm stalking them you might want to go inside."

"Right," I snap back into reality, "thanks so much for the ride," I give a small smile and get out the car.

My bed has never felt more comforting than this moment right now, because no matter what my bed is the one place where I can cry, vent, scream and lay in without any judgement. I can forget about my day, my thoughts and the world and just give myself a break.

------

A weird way to talk about a bed right? But hey, it's the one place I feel safe so...
Anyway how are enjoying it so far, not enough drama?
Thoughts on Dylan?