Getting Ready

I shake my head and leave my thoughts to float around in a messy bunch.

"Hi, Dylan," I say waving a small hand, my dad leaves the two of us and walks back over to the family. Who aren't helping by staring us down.

"Can we?" I ask practically pushing Dylan out of the house and closing the door behind me.

"Wait, um what are you doing here?" I question Dylan looking anywhere but his eyes.

"Happy birthday Dawson," Dylan says softly whilst handing me a small blue box with a dark blue ribbon around it. I take it in my hands and fiddle around with it for a bit. I look over to meet his eyes but they are already set on me. I hate how it makes me feel happy and I turn away. I also hate how I wish he would be taking me somewhere rather than just giving me a gift.

"Thank you," I stand up but he quickly steps in front of my door before I can enter.

"Not so fast, go get dressed. Unless you want to go out like that," Dylan says looking me up and down pointedly, "you already know what I'm wearing so, just match what you're wearing to whatever formalness mine is," Dylan says seriously and moves his hands around his body to further emphasize where he wants me to look. His pretty casual just some baggy patchwork jeans with a collared shirt and a crew neck on top. Man has got style and he even has silver rings on which makes his drool worthy hands even hotter. I nod my head in approval and he moves aside so I can go back inside.

I walk up the stairs past my family's gazing eyes and excitedly get ready. I go for a tight crop top and blue baggy jeans with an amount of rips that would not please my grandparents. I stand in front of my mirror and take in my image just some eyeliner and jewelry, that'll do it.

"You look nice," Dylan says leaning on my doorframe. 

"Barely, it's pretty basic," I glance over at him and the smile he's fighting off his face. Dylan has his hands in his pockets but moves them out so he can lay down on my bed. I brush my hair out of my face and start to apply my eyeliner. For some reason I can only ever get it perfect on my right eye, the left one is difficult. I sigh out in annoyance and look over to Dylan who is chuckling at me.  

"Stop!" I wine childishly and throw my hands up, "do you want to go out or not?"

"Depends what you propose we do instead," Dylan smirks at me suggestively, I raise my eyebrows at him, "go to f block for that."

"Funny that that's what you think I was implying, that tells me a lot about our relationship," I roll my eyes at Dylan and reach for the nearest pillow to throw at him. 

"So, when you think of me, what comes to your mind first?" I ask as I swerve the pillow he swings at me. 

"I can't say," Dylan says defensively as he dodges one of my own attempts at hitting him with my pillow. 

"Why's that? Too inappropriate?" I ask accusingly but, Dylan doesn't answer instead he grabs me in a tackle and brings me down to the bed. 

"Are you going to answer?" I raise my eyebrows at him, Dylan simply shakes his head, "I might scare you off if I do," I tilt my head to the side as if he is going to scare me off, are you kidding. He could never do that in a million years. 

"Try me," I push for him to answer.

Dylan breaks away from me and leans his elbows against the bed so, all I can see is him. Dylan's eyes look me square in my own but, this time I don't break the contact instead I keep it. I act like it will intimidate him but, it's Dylan Grey Hale we're talking about eye contact doesn't intimidate him. Dylan slides down the bed but, plants a hand on my leg so as to make sure I don't move. I wouldn't anyway, how could I? I am practically frozen at his touch. Dylan grabs something from my table and hovers back on top of me. I am like a deer caught in headlights and I can't move. Shivers go down my spine as he traces a hand up my leg and over my thigh. Then he moves it along my waist and up to my neck where he stops. 

Leaning into my ear he whispers in a husky voice, "You like this don't you?"

I swallow thickly not sure of how to respond, do I lie? But what is the lie, do I like it? Oh hell yes I love it. Or am I just touch starved? No definitely not. 

"Dawson?" Dylan whispers again getting awfully close. 

I look over to his hand where he has my eyeliner. I need to avoid the question as much as possible so, I slowly push his chest and sit us both up straight. 

"How do you feel about eyeliner?" I question confidently trying to break up any tension that is built up. Dylan smiles at me and nods so, I take that as my cue. I rest a hand on his face and the other one holds the eyeliner. I lean forward trying to get as close as possible. 

"Dawson, I don't bite you can come closer," I don't know if I can get any closer than this. But he apparently has an ability to read my mind as he pulls me onto his lap so I am sitting on top of him.

"You're quite the flirt Hale, you know that?" I say smirking at him. 

"Only for you," Dylan whispers adding in his signature wink. 

-----------------------

I almost deleted this chapter, thank the lords I figured out I can restore it, haha. Anyway... a little bit of relationship development in this chap, if you know what I mean ;)