Lunch

"I can't believe he wouldn't even try to explain anything and he would just, ugh! Boys."

"Hey, I'm here too," Maya glares at Damian, "yeah I meant that towards you too," she sticks her tongue out at him. 

"Maya, remember I'm the one who was broken up with not you," I say giggling, "yeah, but I like live through your love life so, when you feel pain I do as well," I look at her pointedly, "I never said I was I in pain," Maya rolls her eyes, "but if I was in your situation, which I sort of am cause you know I'm living through your love life I would be crying and in pain so..."

"If that's what helps you sleep at night, anyway then Dylan showed up and took me out for dinner-"

"Um what?!" she stares at me really intensely, I nod, "who, what, when, where, why?"

"I don't know we talk a bit in math and he's on the football team."

"Well, damn girl you have them all wrapped around your little pinky," Maya winks at me and Damian seems to agree, "what, no I don't we're merely friends, okay?"

"Yeah, just wait till you start like sharing water and giving each other heart eyes," I swallow thickly, "Oh come on Alya," Damian throws his hands up, "stop, you two are so overreactive Damian we're friends why can't I be friends with a boy?"

"Because he is Dylan Grey Hale, the bad boy of the school, probably the hottest guy I know and we all know he gets what he wants," Damian stares me down, "but I swear when he talks to me he's not like that," Maya furiously shakes her head, "you just got out of a relationship girl, calm down."

"Both of you look at me, thank you, I am dead pan serious when I say I don't like him-"

"I don't think he could say that same about you," Maya mutters which makes Damian snicker. 

I throw my hands up, I give up, I surrender, I'm throwing in the towel. 

"Oh wow look there he is," Maya points behind me, "can you imagine what he looks like under that shirt," Damian whispers to me, I playfully slap him. "Gosh I can smell his narcissism from here." 

"Damian!" I glare at him, "you have to tell us how many abs he has, Alya this is important."

"Did you just forget about Sam?"

"Oh, finally you asked about him so, over the weekend we..." I look over at Damian I can already tell this lunch is going to feel like a drag. 

"Dawson," Dylan slumps down next to me, Maya smirks at me but keeps going with her story. Sometimes I would love to just remove myself from certain situations, like this one. 

"Hey, what's up?"

"Just thought I would join your table," he smiles at me, "unless of course your friend is going to die from excitement because of me simply taking a seat next to you," I shake my head, "Nope no biggie." 

Dylan raises his eyebrows, "Really?" I softly kick Maya under the table, "Seriously," I say with a non convincing smile. 

"The confidence is radiating off him," Damian whispers in a barely audible voice, "what's wrong with that," 

"Oh nothing," he flicks his wrist, "there's nothing wrong with narcissistic men or people in general, in fact I love them!" that was way louder than I expect it to be, "what are you-"

"Yeah Alya I would love to know what you mean by that," Dylan turns towards me, "Not fair, you took what Maya was saying asking out of context how do you know she was going to ask that,"

"Well I'm sure it means nothing so just answer the question," I glare at Damian, "I- I just meant that- Harry Styles, him yep and I love him so yeah that's what I meant," I point a finger in the air. 

Are they trying to make me look like a fool?

"That's not like you Alya," Maya leans towards me, "you usually sound far more confident than that."

"Oh, wow you all love me today,"

"Yeah." I hear Dylan say in a tiny voice that I don't think anyone else hears so I just ignore it, am I hearing things now as well, is this a sign that I've lost it and I'm about to have another break down? I furiously tap my fingers in a rhythm. 

"We're joking Alya, Oh my look at this!" and before I know it we're once again listening to Maya go on about Sam.

"Why aren't you making out with girls behind f block?" I whisper to Dylan, "Good idea maybe I should go there now, they're probably all waiting for me," he smirks, "go on then," I say nonchalantly.

"Why don't you join me?"

"Bold of to ask, I just went through a break up I'm supposed to be sobbing on my bedroom floor," Dylan shakes his head, "your choice," he shrugs but stays in his seat, "you're not going?"

"Well are you coming or not?"

"You know my answer, why won't you go without me?"

"Live a little, that's all," this time I smirk, "or do you just want to make out with me?" 

"It's not off the table, right?" I laugh, "you are dreaming, Dylan."

------------

Yeah so, that's the chapter take it or leave it.