Game Time

Josh, Katie, Scott and Alex all arrive at the same time so, I head over to the door and swing it open.

"Hello, hello everyone, come on in." I say in a sing song voice. And I gesture them towards the room at the back of the house. We walk through the dark hall before making our entrance into the room. There is a small pile of presents in the corner of the room. Then an array of food is set up in the middle with crackers, dips and fruit. Then another corner occupies a movie room set up. With blankets and pillows as well as a projector.

We take a seat in a small circle around the food and we all offer up suggestions for games to play.

"Truth or dare, we have to it's a classic." Maya says eagerly, "uh the one where you whisper a question to a person and answer out loud, then you throw something and it if lands on a certain side you have to say the question out loud," Sam says hoping we catch on, it takes us a quick second but then we realise what game he is talking about.

"Never have I ever?" Sophie suggest and we all nod in agreement, "who has the alcohol?" Dylan chimes in and we all chuckle at him.

I look over to everyone else, "Oh! I got one- actually two-"

"Oh here we go!" Damian shouts figuring out what Dylan is about to say.

"Spin the bottle and seven minutes in heaven," Dylan spins his head around looking at the rest of the group everyone seems to like the idea. Expect of course Sam and Maya who will not par take in any kind of sexual or intimate aspects.

"Let's do Sam's game first?" Everyone seems to agree as they are all nodding.

"I'll start!" Maya says excitedly waving an arm in the air. She leans over to me and cups a hand around my ear. I already know for a fact that the question is going to have to have me answering with Dylan.

"Who would you get in bed with?" Pretty amateur question.

"You!" I joke confidently looking over at Maya. She smirks slightly and nudges my shoulder, "seriously, come on," I scan my eyes around the group. I hesitate as if I need for think about it. But sort of surprisingly I don't.

"Um I would say maybe, wow it's a hard one Maya," I say giving only her a look so, she knows I'm playing around.

"Hale," I nod to emphasise how 'hard' my decision is to make. Maya grabs the coin from the centre in the circle and places it in her hand.

"Heads or tails?" She asks, whichever side I chose is my safe side. So, if it lands on that side the question won't be said to everyone.

"Always tails." Maya flips the coin and it lands on tails. I look back over at Dylan who's already staring at me intensely.

It's my turn to ask a question so, I lean over to Katie and give her the best I can think of. She quietly answers with Scott and he turns over to look at her with complete shock evident in his face. I flip the coin and it lands on her safe side. That's disappointing I would've had fun exposing that question.

We make it around the circle a few times with only one of the questions to my answer being told.

Then we move on to never have I ever, where we discover Katie is not as innocent as we all thought.

"I say we do seven minutes in heaven next!" Dylan calls out locking eyes with me. Everyone cheers in agreement so we set up a bottle in the middle. We all look around waiting for someone to volunteer first. But, when no one does Damian goes right ahead and flicks the bottle. It spins for a good while before coming to a complete stop directly in front of Sophie. She smirks for the smallest second before looking over at Damian. They exchange glances and walk over to the closet.

We make small talk for the next seven minutes as we wait for the two of them to come out. After what feels like forever and a half the door opens. They both walk out laughing and come to sit back down.

"Alright fuckers, my turn," Dylan says as he spins the bottle, he watches as it turns and turns and turns. Only to eventually land on not surprisingly me.

Dylan looks over at me so, I give him the good to go signal and we walk over to the closet ourselves.

"M'lady," he says slightly bowing as he opens the door for me. I laugh at him and enter. Dylan shuts the door behind us and pulls out his phone.

"Not that I'm trying to limit my time with you or anything but they might get suspicious if we aren't out in time," he says putting seven minutes into the timer.

Dylan looks up at me softly, I avoid it and look down at my fidgeting fingers. I walk back towards the wall and stop a a bit before I hit it. Then I take a seat down on the carpet floor  and cross my legs.

"We've been sitting all night Dawson."

"Yeah we have so, suggest why I should be getting up now," I lean my back against the wall and look over to Dylan who walks over to me.

"Come on our times running out," he sits down in front of me and stares into my eyes. I try to hold it as long as possible but, that's not for long.

"Dawson why do you never look at me?"

"I look at you plenty just not your eyes."