Dinner

"I was having an existential crisis Mum!" I manage to get out through my laughs.

"No, you were crying because you didn't get the dinosaur you wanted!" 

"I doubt at the prime age of four you were going through a crisis," Liam says questioningly. 

"So, none of you are on my side," My dad walks into the lounge room and plops himself on the coach with a loaded sandwich that's falling apart, my mum glares at him. 

"Nope hun it seems as though you are all alone," he shrugs taking a messy bite out of his sandwich, "thanks dad," I huff out.

"Seriously, Fred you're making a mess," my mother starts picking up the crumbs of him, "well there was no dinner tonight so, I made some for myself." My dad puts his arms up in surrender which only makes his spill more. 

We all start laughing at him, "There's leftovers in the fridge,"

"Oh, is there?" my mum nods in response to my brother, he jumps off the coach, "sweet, Alya you want some?"

"Yeah-" the doorbell rings, "anyone expecting anyone?"

"Nope." we all call out in union, my dad walks to the door sandwich in one hand and glass of water in the other, he stops dead in front of the door, "and just how did you plan to open the door dad?" I ask him.

"Are you questioning my integrity, Lou?"

"That I am, here let me help you-"

"Nope I got it I am an independent Man-"

"You sure do rely on me a lot Fred so I wouldn't go there," My mum eyes my dad down and his face turns serious. My mum can seriously freak him out, my dad puts his glass down next to the door, my mum doesn't look too impressed. 

"Fred." she says sternly, "I got it," he mumbles through food.

Then he swings the door open only for a small grin to greet him on the other end.

"Hello." he puts on a strong voice, meaning there must be a a teenage boy at the door, "and you are?" gosh he's got to be a little nicer than that, "Dad-" I say before realising who it is. 

"I'm Dylan, Alya's friend," he offers a hand and my Dad hesitantly shakes it.    

I look over my Dad's shoulder to see Dylan in the flesh, what is he doing here? We all stop to look over at him, even Liam has as the microwave keeps beeping to tell us that the foods done, gosh that's the most irritating thing ever. I look over at the clock it's six. Well, I certainly can't leave my dad with him so, I walk over to the door. 

"I will take it from here Dad," he nods at me then before I can stop him he walks right into the class of water and with no hesitation looks straight over to my mum, "I saw that one coming," she says through gritted teeth as we all burst out laughing leaving Dylan looking extremely confused. 

Once I calm back down I look over to Dylan who has a small grin on his face, "Hi, what are you doing here?"

"I was wondering if you've had dinner yet?"

"I was just about to actually, why do you ask?"

"I was wondering if you wanted to get dinner with me? I heard what happened and I just thought-"

"I would love to leave this mess off a situation, thank you," and without another word I leave waving goodbye to my family, "so, where are we off to?" he smirks, "your favourite place."

He does indeed take me to my favourite restaurant which I have not been to in ages. Although I have no idea how he knows it's my favourite. He takes me around the back to the table he has a reservation for. I smile at him, "How did you know?"

"Because I just do," he shrugs it off. 

The waiters place our menu's on the table and then leaves to get us some water, Dylan pours me a glass off water. I take a sip from it then he takes my glass and takes a sip as well. 

"If I recall correctly that's my glass," I point towards myself, "and? are you going to die if I drink from your glass?"

"Well I won't-"

"I'm sure you and Maya do the same," he looks straight into my eyes, I nod, "So, what makes it any different?" I take another sip from our glass of water and give him a smug smile, to which he returns one. 

"Well, Dawson we didn't come so you could stare at me all night, what's on your mind?" Dylan picks up the glass and swirls it around as if there's wine in it. 

"I don't know," he narrows his eyes, "no judgement from this side of the table," he surrenders his hands. 

"I don't feel anything, like I knew it was over before it was I mean sure I'm sad about it but I don't think it'll hit me till later," the waiter comes up to our table. 

"What can I get for the two of you?"

"We are going to share the vegetarian pizza, make it a large, thank you," Dylan turns back to me, "Why did you ask me to come out for dinner with you?"

"Because I'm your friend and you just went through a breakup with a guy who wasn't so nice about it and I'm here to cheer you up, that's what friends do." He says the last part as if I don't know that. 

"Thank you then, I appreciate the gesture," he leans over the table, "I would take you out any day."

-----------

Umm okay so, what do we think of Alya's family? I lowkey love how I have portrayed her dad, her family is sort of based of off mine but better. And thank you to whoever has continued reading!