Chapter 40

~Saphira~

"Are you okay? " I looked up at Trevor. Today was the day. The day the eclipse and meteor shower was to be created, the day something horrible would happen to the twin hybrids in Amanda's prophecy. I just hope this day would be as normal as any other day.

"I'm fine, " I reassured him as I took a bite of my ham and cheese sandwhich.

"Are you okay? " I questioned him in return. His eyes met mine and I felt rather than saw the pain and fear they held. We both knew my question had been directed to something other than the prophecy.

"I'm fine. " he answered giving me a half smile. I nodded as I took another bite of my Sandwhich.

"You know, you're starting to show." I shot a glare at Trevor as I rolled my eyes.

"Shutup dufus." I retorted as I finished my sandwich.

Trevor held up his hands in mock surrender.

"Okay well I'm going to go and find Carmen." Trevor said as he stood up from his stool and headed towards the doorway.

"You mess with that girl way too much, give her a break. " I groaned as I wiped my face with a napkin and balled it up.

Trevor whipped around with wide eyes.

"What? Has she said something? " Trevor asked panicked.

I laughed as I rolled my eyes.

"No silly, she seems to like it when you're around, can't see why though." I said as I shot my balled up napkin into the trashcan.

"Whatever." Trevor said annoyed, but I could hear the relief in his voice.

I laughed as he tired around and walked away.

I sighed as my laughter died down and turned to face the clock.

It was already 2:00 P. M. And nothing bad has happened. I just hope it stays that way.

I closed my eyes and took in a deep breath. I was savoring the peace and quiet. I knew once this baby came that I probably wouldn't get as much rest.

I graduated high school in two months and I couldn't wait.

I had stopped going to public school and had started online school since I was pregnant. Ella, Simon, Vine, Noah and Stella had been pretty upset but we were all in the same pack so we saw each other very often.

  "Thinking of me." My eyes snapped open and locked on the doorframe,  which Ashton was leaning against.

  "Always." I said as he started walking towards me.  His hair had gotten uncontrollably long, going to his shoulders,  and his bangs nearly hid his beautiful brown eyes.

  He stopped in front of me and smirked.

  "Good. " I rolled my eyes and stood up off my stool to face him.

  "Cocky much? " I said putting my hands on my hips.

  "Only for you. " he replied.

  I smiled as he placed one hand on my enlarged stomach and grabbed my other hand with his free one.

  "Better be." I replied closing the space between us.

  Ashton moved his hands from my stomach and my own hand to rest them on my waist.

  "I love you." he said as he pecked me quickly on the lips.

  "I love you to-," I was cut off as Trevor ran into the kitchen panting with tears in his eyes.

  My heart dropped when I met his eyes and my knees buckled as pain overtook my entire being.

  I had only felt this way twice before.

  When Trevor had told me about my mother and that time he had apologized for the mean things he had said.

  The oxygen escaped my lungs and as I fell into Ashton's outstretched arms, I knew,  I knew that sine thing most terrible had happened.

  "Dad's dead." Trevor said as my eyes closed and the world disappeared.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vote

Comment

Become A Fan!!