Chapter 19

~Amanda~

  The moon cast a soft glow through the trees, and I would have thought it was pretty if I weren't currently being chased by werewolves.

  I'm a vampire, and werewolves don't exactly like my kind, so what can I say?

  I felt the bottom of my shirt being tugged by someone.

  Why couldn't he just follow orders?

  "Austin, you weren't suppose to follow me, they know I'm here!" I hissed a little too loudly, as I heard a loud growl from behind the tree that was sheltering me and my little brother Austin.

  I looked down at Austin to find his brown eyes wide and full of fear. He was two years younger then me, at fifteen and even if he tried to deny it, I knew werewolves scared the shit out of him.

  "Stay behind me." I whispered. He looked up at me, causing his brown hair to fall in front of his eyes.

  "Okay." he whispered in the same soft tone.

  I took in a deep breath and sped out from behind the tree with Austin sheltered behind me. I had a protective stance sheltering him from them.

  I didn't give a shit of I died, but if he were to leave, I would loose my only family member, I would loose my light, I would loose my world.

  There were three wolves. A beta, a third in command and a high rank pack member.

  My eyes met with each of theirs but stopped when they landed on the third.

  Everything around me seemed to blur out of focus. All I saw was him.

  This was my beloved. This werewolf was my beloved.

  The werewolf shifted back to his human form and I saw his clothes materialize onto his body.

  The other two did the same after some kind of look from my werewolf.

  My werewolf. That sounded so foreign and yet so familiar.

  "Who are you?" he asked taking a step forward into the stream of moonlight.

  He had blonde hair and ocean blue eyes.

  "Who are you?" I countered back, not yet trusting this wolf, even if he was my beloved.

  "I'm Simon." he replied.

                             ****

~Saphira~

  I got out of the car and followed my aunt towards our village.

  I didn't know why they lived in tents, but it was tradition and you don't mess with tradition.

  Once I had entered the village with Trevor by my side with Carmen and Ashton holding my hand, people rushed out of their tents as if they had knew I was here already, which they probably had.

  An elderly woman pushed her way through the crowd. She had wrinkles and many worry lines.

  This elderly woman was my grandmother.

  "I miei nipoti sono finalmente a casa." (My grandchildren are finally home/ Italian.) my grandmother exclaimed pulling us into a giant hug. I smiled as me and Trevor wrapped our arms around her small frame.

  "Ciao nonna, ti ho perso così tanto." (Hell grandmother, I have missed you so much.) I replied giving her a kiss on the cheek.

  "I think we should talk in English, as these two seem very confused." my grandmother said with a strong Italian accent indicating Carmen and Ashton.

  Trevor and I both turned to look at our mates to find them both with confused expressions on their faces.

  "Okay." I said smiling at my grandmother.

  More of my family members came up to us and hugged us, saying we had been gone too long.

  This was good.

  My mother used to take me and Trevor to visit every summer, but a lot of things changed when she passed away.

  I had wanted to visit but I had never thought I would be able to handle it.

  My aunt Rose was a spitting image of my mother. They looked so alike and everything I looked at her I saw a version of the woman I once had the privilege to call my mother.

  Rose had the same facial features as my mother. Same sculpture, same eyes. My mother's lips were a bit more plump than Rose's were. Their noses were almost identical, but Rose had gotten into a fight in her senior year of high school and the other girl had broken her nose. So Rose's nose a slight bit crooked.

  I remember my mom's lips were so red, I used to think she secretly put on satin lipstick or something, but I came to the conclusion thst it was natural.

  My mother had had this sweet angelic voice and every time rose spoke, it was as if my mother were here again. They were so alike, it use to be hard to be around her, but I had gotten over it.

  I had gotten over a lot of things.

  Maybe now that I'm here with my family, I could learn to handle it better. Maybe I could find a way to remember my mother without only thinking of sad parts.

  Maybe.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
New characterHow did y'all like it?
Vote,Comment, Become A Fan!!