Chapter 26

~Saphira~

"How do you like being Luna?" I looked up from my book to see Ashton standing in the doorway of the pack house library.

  Since I was Luna I had had to move into the pack house. Trevor came as well and stayed with Carmen. My dad had stayed at our house, because he hasn't wanted us to feel as if he were intruding upon our independent life.

  The ceremony that had announced me Luna and Ashton alpha had happened only three days ago.

  "How do you like being alpha?" I countered back closing my book and standing up.

  I walked to the bookshelf and slid my book back into its original spot.

  "It's fine, especially since I have you." he said wrapping his arms around my waist from behind and meaning his head in the crook of my neck.

  Tingles spread everywhere he touched.

  "I love you." I blurted out without thinking.

  Oh shit.

  Had I really just said that?

  Yes I had.

  Stupid stupid mouth.

  Well I said it, I guess there's no going back now.

  I felt his arms tighten around my waist before dropping completely.

  I felt coldness before I turned around.

  Ashton stood a few feet away from me. He had on a mask that his any signs of emotion.

  "Ashton?" I asked taking a step forward.

  Did he not love me back?

  His head snapped up to face me.

An emotion slipped past his mask, it was fear.

  Ashton was afraid. Of what I wasn't sure of.

  "Ashton?" I asked again taking a step towards him. Any sign of fear left his face as his eyes narrowed at me.

  Something in him clicked to form a whole different Ashton.

  "Why?" he said taking a step towards me.

  "Why what?" I asked.

  "Why do you love me?" he asked his emotions changing once again from anger to confusion to finally sadness.

  "I love you because you're everything I'm not." I started as I took a step towards him, closing the space in between us.

  "I love you because you make me feel like a cage of butterflies were released into the pit of my stomach each time you touch me." I continued putting my hands on either side of his face, making it to where he was looking me on the eye.

  "I love you so much Ashton, honest." I said each word while looking him dead in the eye.

  Maybe my words changed him, or maybe he didn't want to have to fight the feelings.

  But either way he talked.

  "I love you too." he whispered before attacking my lips.

  And those were the last words I heard before Ashton picked me up and carried me to the bedroom.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Yay I finally updated!! Sorry it's short, but the next chapter will be longer!

Anyways, Vote, Comment, And Become A Fan!!! ♥♥♥♥