Chapter 42

~Saphira~

  "Saphira?" I looked up from my ham and cheese sandwich to see Ashton standing in the doorway.

  I smiled as I looked at him but it quickly faded at his worried expression.

  "When did you get back?" he asked walking towards the island,  which I was seated at.

  "About ten minutes ago." I replied sitting my half eaten sandwich back down on my plate.

  Trevor and I had just gotten back from the memorial service and I had went directly to the kitchen.

  I had cried while I fixed myself a sandwich, I thought I had gotten all my tears out but apparently not.

  "Why didn't you come and find me?" Ashton questioned as he took a seat in the chair next to me.

  I shrugged while taking another bite.

  Why hadn't I searched for him?

  Because you were hungry,  duh.

  I rolled my eyes at myself as I swallowed down another bite.

  " You don't know? " he snapped at me.

  Why was he snapping at me?

  I just got back from my father's funeral.

  "Don't get an attitude with me." I said in a warning manner.

  Gosh I already sounded like a mom.

  "Don't tell me what to do. Look I know you're going through some stuff but I'm still here and you don't talk to me about anything!" Ashton exclaimed as he jerked up from his seat.

  What the hell was this dude talking about?

  "What do you mean, I talk to you all the time." I replied pushing my sandwich away, not hungry anymore.

  Ashton sighed as he ran his hand through his hair slightly tugging at it at the ends.

  I stood up and walked over to him.

  He looked down at me before closing his eyes.

My brows etched together in concern.

  I wasn't sure what was going on with Ashton but I needed to find out.

  I lifted my hands up to cradle his face.

  I felt some kind of relief when Ashton covered my hands with his own and leaned his forehead down to rest against mine.

  "It's a girl. " I whispered.

   Ashton's eyes snapped open to look down at me.

  I saw a smile flutter onto his lips as he began to speak.

  "A girl? " he whispered. I nodded my head yes.

  "I thought we'd name her Crystal or if you don't like that than we can come up with something else." I said shrugging as I looked down at the ground.

  "No, I like it. " Ashton said bringing my chin up with his thumb.

  "Really?" I asked.

  "Yea." he replied.

  "Sorry I was a jerk,  I just don't want to lose you. " Ashton whispered.

  I looked up at him and saw the vulnerability he held.

  "You will never lose me. " I replied. He looked into my eyes and nodded as he leaned down and his lips met mine.

                             ****
2 months later