Chapter 41

~Saphira~

  I groaned as I opened my eyes to see a bright light. My heart began to thunder against my chest as I thought  that maybe I had left the world but quickly threw that idea away as a heart monitor started going psycho.

  "Saphira? " I realized I had been looking a bright light that was directly above my head. I gently turned my head to the side to face the person who had said my name.

  "What happened?" I questioned Ashton as I sat up. Ashton quickly stood as he helped me adjust myself.

  "You don't remember? " he asked as he took his seat again.

  "Remember what? " I questioned.

Ashton looked at meeting sadly as he sighed.

  Remember what?  What was that had caused me to be hospitalized? Where was Trevor? 

  Trevor...

  I gasped as the memories flooded back into my brain.

  My dad...

  "No, I-I must be going crazy. " I said as I shook my head.

  My dad was fine,  right?

"What did you remember? " Ashton asked.

  "I remember Trevor telling me my dad was dead,  but that's crazy. " I said smiling as I shook my head.  Ashton said nothing.

  I turned towards him,  my smile falling.

  "Why aren't you saying that's crazy?" I whispered. Ashton looked up and when his sad eyes met mine I knew it was true. My dad was gone,  Trevor and I were orphans.

  "No,  no,  no. " I whispered as lifted my hands up to cover my ears as if I could block out reality.

  Tears started to stream down my face as realization sunk in.

  My dad was dead.

  Gone.

  My parents were both gone.

  "I'm sorry." Ashton said as he started to rub my back in an attempt to soothe me.

  My dad was gone.
                              ****

  ~Saphira~

  "I'm so sorry for your loss. " I nodded as another pack member left the memorial service for my father.

  The entire pack had came to the funeral, which had caused is to hold the entire thong outside next to where my father would be buried.

  I tired to look at Trevor who was nodding and accepting condolences from other pack members.

  Once everyone except our close friends and family were gone I turned to face Trevor.

  His eyes met mine and he ran towards me.

  He wrapped his arms righteous around me and I returned the embrace as I sighed.

  We pulled apart and looked around to see that a tone who had been there had left,  obviously in an attempt to give us some privacy.

  "He'll never see her. " I whispered as I rested my hand on my stomach.

  "Her? " Trevor asked.

  I smiled as I looked up at him.

  "Yea her. I found out a while ago but I could never get you alone to tell you. " I said.

  "Does Ashton know? " Trevor asked as we continued to walk away from the cemetery.

  "No, I haven't told him yet. " I said.

  I was already seven months pregnant but Ashton hadn't asked what the sex was, and I knew it wasn't fair of me to keep it from him.

  I'll tell him when I get home.

  "Have you thought about names? " I sighed as I shook my head yes.

  "But I need Ashton's help, every name I come up with just doesn't feel right. " I said shaking my head.

  "Let me hear some. " he said as we walked through a small field that was directly after the cemetery.

  "Sara, but that's too common so no. Ashley, but I use to hate this girl named Ashley so no. Then there's Hannah, Ginny, and Crystal." I said.

  "Hmm, I like Crystal. " Trevor said as we walked down the steps of the original memorial service room and down to the parking lot.

  "Yea me too." I said as Trevor started up the car.

  We sat in silence, but it was a good silence.

  "What if Amanda was right? " I asked as we stopped at a red light.

  "About what? " Trevor asked.

  "Everything, she said something terrible wood happen to the hybrids that would lead the war, and the meteor shower and eclipse was suppose to happen the day dad died. Did it? " I asked as Trevor started to drive again.

  "Yea, you were passed out when it happened." Trevor said casually.

  "So everything Amanda said would happen happened, what if we are the hybrids?" I asked.

  Trevor pulled up next to the pack house sighing.

  "If Amanda was right and we are the ones in the prophecy then we will fight. " Trevor said as I opened his door and got out.

  I followed suit before we both headed towards the front door.

  "But Saphira, you mustn't fight. " my eyes widened as I took in what he said.

  "What? " I said as I stopped on the spot.

  "You're pregnant, you can't lead an army. " Trevor said.

  My eyes narrowed in anger.

  "I'm half færy, I'll cast a protective charm on myself. " I said.

  "Still too risky. " Trevor said shaking his head in disapproval.

  "No, if we're the chosen ones I'm fighting,  whether you like it or not. " I said pointing an accusing finger at him.

  How dare he try and stop me from helping with this fight.

  I had a feeling that Amanda was right about this whole prophecy thing, and if she really was then I was  going to help.

  I sighed as I ran my hand through my hair and liked at a very surprised Trevor.

  "Sorry. " I mumbled.

  I heard Trevor walk towards me before I felt him rest his hand on my shoulder.

  "No I'm sorry, I-I'm pretty sure we are the ones Amanda was talking about.  Any day now the war will start and we will be responsible for an entire species. I'll need your help,  sis'. " I smiled as I nodded.

  A war was coming,  and it was coming soon.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vote

Comment

Become A Fan!!!