Chapter 11

~Saphira~

  I woke up to the sun shining on my face from Ashton's window.

  Wait Ashton's window?

  That's when everything came rushing back into my head.

  Trevor and the things he had said.

  The full moon ritual, which was tonight, and sleeping over at Ashton's.

  I tried to sit up but Ashton had his arm wrapped tightly around my waist and he wasn't letting go.

  I sighed as a sudden urge to use the little girl's room entered my mind.

I tried to pry his arm off of my waist, but it only caused him to tighten his grip on me.

  Okay now I really had to pee.

  "Ashton." I said poking him on the side of his face. He didn't even move.

  "Ashton, wake up!" I said a little louder. He groaned and pulled me closer to his side.

  I tried to ignore all the sparks going off in my body as I gently slapped his cheek. He just groaned and turned his head to face the other side.

  Was he serious right now?

  How could he not be awake yet?

  I let out a frustrated groan as I tried to wriggle out of his iron grip.

  I managed to get his index finger off before he shot awake looking left and right before his eyes landed on me.

  "Let go." I said pointing to his hand. A slight look of hurt crossed his face before he hesitantly released me.

  I smiled as I jumped up and ran out of his room, down the stairs, and to the right. I sighed in relief as I entered the bathroom.

  I quickly did my business before returning to Ashton's room.

  He was sitting on his bed with his head in his hands. My face scrunched up in confusion as my wolf whimpered.

  "Ashton?" I asked as I took a step towards him. His head shot up as he looked up at me.

  "I thought you left." he said standing up.

  "Why would I leave?" I asked as he got closer.

  "I don't know, but you just ran out so..." he trailed off.

  "I went to the bathroom." I said smiling up at him. I nodded as he put his hands on my waist and pulled me closer. Sparks spread throughout my body. 

  I blushed as I looked down at the ground. He put his two fingers under my chin and lifted my head up to where I was looking into his eyes.

  He didn't break eye contact as he slowly leaned down and his lips connected with mine.

    *           *           *         *       *       *

~Saphira~

  "Your dad and brother are here." My head shot up as Ashton announced the arrival of my father and brother.

  I fiddled with my hands until I heard footsteps stop in front of me.

  What if my dad was mad at me?

  I looked up to see Trevor.

  His eyes were full of sadness.

  That made me nervous.

  "Trevor what's wrong?" I asked forgetting I was beyond mad at him.

  He looked up and when his eyes met mine, and I saw all the sadness behind them, my heart clenched in pain. I couldn't breath as I doubled over in pain. This had only happened to me once before.