Chapter 12

~Saphira~

Fear coursed through my body as the clock read 6:55.

What if Ashton decided he didn't want to do the ritual after all?

I shut down all the what ifs and took in a deep breath as the clock ticked on towards seven.

"Please be safe, the last thing we need is pups running around before you've even graduated." my dad said, as he walked into the living room.

My face turned a Scarlet color at his blunt remark.

My father had a tendency to state any and every thought that entered his mind.

Most of the time it ended up making me embarrassed.

"Okay dad." I said scratching the back of my neck as the clock turned to 6:59.

One more minute.

A knock sounded at the door making my head snap towards it in an anxious manner.

My dad smiled at me, but it didn't reach his eyes.

I opened my mouth to say something but my dad turned around and quickly left.

I sighed knowing that the idea of his only daughter growing up was probably a scary thought.

I took in a deep breath as I walked towards the door. My hand was shaking as I turned the brass doorknob open to reveal a very handsome looking Ashton. He was wearing a nice suit and had his usual shaggy hair all whiffed up in a wave sort of style and for a second he reminded me of some kind of pop singer.

I was wearing a red flow like dress that came a little above my knee.

I usually didn't wear makeup but since tonight was special I put some on.

I wasn't the most skilled when it came to makeup either so I just had on some mascara and a simple eyeliner effect. I had also put on some lick gloss, but I had nervously been licking my lips and most of it had probably came off by now.

"You look beautiful." Ashton said as his eyes scanned my dress.

"You too, I mean you look handsome." I said blushing.

"You ready?" he asked holding out his elbow. I nodded my head as I slipped my arm through his.

As I was about to close the door I was stopped by Trevor's voice.

"Well I'll see you tomorrow or the day after that, if you aren't too busy." he said winking at me. He was halfway down the stairs and was casually leaning against the rail.

I blushed fiercely, hoping Ashton hadn't heard that.

I gave him the evil eye, which probably made me look all weird, as I closed the door and turned around to face Ashton.

"Come on." he said leading me towards his dodge charger.

Guess being the alpha's son had its perks.

****

"No it's true!" Ashton exclaimed. " I first shifted when I was thirteen." he finished winking at me.

We were currently sitting on Ashton's bed in his room.

It was currently 9:30 p.m. Ashton had suggested we play twenty questions, to try and get to know each other first. He wanted to make sure I was completely ready.

The ritual didn't have to be completed until midnight, when the moon would be at its highest point.

"Me and Trevor didn't shift until we were fifteen." I said. Mist werewolves didn't shift until that age.

"So I'm guessing you and Trevor are close?" Ashton said glancing at me out of the corner of his eye.

I smiled as memories of our childhood flooded my brain.

"The closest." I replied.

"What about you and your brother?" I asked, even though I had never met him.

"We are but we weren't always all that close." he replied.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"My brother is older then me and he was next in line for the role of alpha but when his eighteenth birthday came around he freaked and left before my dad had the chance to perform the alpha ceremony." he replied. My eyes widened at his statement.

I guess that's why he was going to be alpha.

"So where's your mom, I haven't seen her, are your parents like not together or something?" he asked. My heart tightened at his words, and a knot formed in my throat.

"No my mom died when I was eight." I replied.

"Oh I'm sorry to hear that." he said. "And I know how it feels to loose your mom, mine bailed when my brother Aiden was four and I was two." he finished.

I looked up at him in shock.

He face held a hurt expression but he was trying so hard to not let it show.

There was just surprise after surprise with this very handsome man.

"Okay so next question. If you had the choice between immortality or mortality, what would choose?" Ashton asked.

Easy.

"Mortality." I said.

"Why?" he asked.

"Because if I were to be an immortal I would have to live forever and I would miss my family...and you." I replied blushing at the last part.

My heart skipped a beat as he turned my face to look at him.

I searched his face as he leaned down and quickly pecked my lips before pulling away.

"If I kiss you I might end up doing something you're not ready for." he said as he gently massaged my cheek.

I smiled as I leaned back down on the pillow.

We continued our game of twenty questions, which turned out to be more like fifty questions. By the time we had finished it was eleven thirty.

"It's almost midnight." Ashton whispered.

I blushed. I had learned s lot tonight about Ashton and I was ready for this, I knew I was.

My wolf was purring in anticipation.

"I know." I said just as quietly.

"Are you sure you're ready?" Ashton asked.

"Yes." I replied, my voice not wavering.

I was ready.

I wanted this.

I wanted Ashton.

"Okay." Ashton said smiling down at me.

"Okay." I replied as he leaned down to kiss me.

Okay.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welp it finally happened!

Hope y'all liked this chapter and don't forget to vote, comment and perhaps just maybe I could gain a fan?!

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿ O'RLY?