Chapter 18

~Saphira~

"I can't believe they actually give these out on airplanes." Ashton said holding up a small bag of salted peanuts, that the plane attendant had given us.

We were currently on a plane heading towards Rome. Ashton had been surprised about the whole Rome thing at first but had agreed to accompany me.

Trevor and Carmen were in the seats behind us.

I rolled my eyes and smiled at him as he popped another peanut into his mouth.

"Hey, do you still know how to speak Italian?" Trevor asked getting from his seat to look over mine.

"Yea, I never forgot." I said.

"Sir, please remain seated." one of the flight attendants said to Trevor, making him roll his eyes, but sit back down.

"You know Italian?" Ashton asked with wide eyes.

"Yea my mom's side of the family." I replied looking out the window of the plane.

My mom's side of the family was all from Rome, Italy.

I had had to learn Italian to communicate with half of my family.

I hadn't spoken to any of them since my mother had died. I wonder how everybody is.

I looked down at the earth as we flew towards Rome. I saw green and decided those were trees.

Eventually I fell asleep.

"Okay, we have arrived, please exit the plane." I awoke to the voice of a loud lady.

I rose my head up from Ashton's shoulder, I don't remember falling asleep on him, and yawned.

"We're here." Ashton said smiling down at me.

Yea, we're here.

****

"Do you think aunt Rose is here?" I asked as we made our way to the escalator with pur luggage.

"Probably." Trevor replied.

We stepped onto the escalator and made our way to the bottom.

I looked around as people hugged others and headed towards the exit.

I finally spotted a very familiar looking woman holding up a sign that said 'Richards'.

"Over there." I said gesturing towards my aunt Rose.

Trevor spotted her and grabbed Carmen's luggage and his own before we made our way towards her.

I stopped a few feet away from her, as did everybody else.

My aunt Rose had been two years younger then my mother. Her black hair was up in a messy bun and her green eyes sparkled.

"My Saphira." she said dropping the sign and pulling me into a bone-crushing hug. Some part of me seemed to relax when I knew she wasn't mad at me for not contacting her for so long. I hugged her back and breathed in her familiar færie scent.

She pulled away and gave Trevor a hug next.

"Who are these two lovely people?" Aunt Rose said indicating towards Ashton and Carmen.

"I'm Carmen, Trevor's mate." Carmen said extending her hand and taking a step forward.

Aunt Rose smiled brightly and ignored her hand as she pulled her into a hug.

"Ashton, Saphira's mate." Ashton said extending his hand as well.

Aunt Rose gave me a smile before shaking his hand.

"Come, they are waiting at the village." Aunt Rose said heading towards the exit.

I knew 'they' were my family.

I followed after her, while Ashton grabbed my luggage, I was glad I didn't have to carry it because it was heavy since I hadn't been sure what to wear for the three days that we were going to be here.

I bent down and picked up the sign that had my last name on it. I smiled as I folded it up and tucked it away in my back pocket.

"Saphira come on!" Ashton called from the doorway. I smiled and ran to meet up with him.

Family here I come.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

How did y'all like that chapter?

Anyways, Vote, Comment, Become A Fan!!