Chapter 14

~Saphira~

  I walked inside the pack house with Trevor to my left and my father to my right.

  I was surprised to find that the pack house was empty.

  I looked over to Trevor to find out that he had the same confused expression on his face his face.

  My dad however did not stop and continued on towards the door that leads to the backyard.

  He walked to the door and opened, not waiting for us as he walked out, but then again my dad never really had a tendency to actually wait.

  I sighed and started towards the open door with Trevor right behind me.

  My eyes widened when I saw the size of their backyard.

  It was considerably larger than their front yard.

  There was a makeshift stage in the center of the yard. Thee was a large expanse of woods right at the edge of the yard, which was a convenience for the werewolves when they needed to phase.

  I scanned the yard looking for Ashton or alpha David. I finally found him, and he was exiting the woods, followed by alpha David.

  His eyes met mine and he gave me a tight smile, as if he were trying to hide something, before he gestured for me to join him on the stage.

  "Well it's showtime." Trevor said winking at me, making me automatically roll my eyes.

  He smiled hugely at me before turning around and making his way towards Carmen.

  I turned to face my dad, to find that he had his eyes facing straight ahead and his shoulders were all tensed up.

  What was wrong with him?

  "Dad?" I asked, with worry evident in my voice.

  His shoulders slumped but his eyes stayed facing straight. When he didn't reply I sighed and headed towards the stage.

  He had been acting strange lately.

  I reached the stage and Ashton grabbed my hand, sending sparks through my arm in the process.

  "Hey babe." he said wrapping his arm around my waist.

  The stench of alcohol filled my senses. Had he been drinking?

  "Ashton have you been-," I started but was cut off by alpha David's loud booming voice that couldn't go unnoticed.

  "Pack members I have called this meeting to announce the finding of your future alpha's mate, and your new Luna, Saphira!" his booming voice announced.

  At this everyone bursted out in cheers and whistles.

  "When Ashton is made alpha next full moon Saphira will join him as Luna!" David finished. Louder cheers erupted and I almost covered my ears from the volume.

  "Come on." Ashton said tugging me off stage and towards the pack house. The smell of alcohol was stronger now that we were away from all the other scents.

  "Ashton have you been drinking?" I asked. Ashton's eyes snapped towards mine and he grabbed my arm, tugging me into the pack house and up to his room.

  "Ashton-," I started but immediately stopped once Ashton slammed the door shut and locked it behind him.

  "Yes, I have been drinking." he answered with a shrug. For the first time since I got here, I really looked at him.

  His shirt was wrinkled, his hair was everywhere and his eyes were slightly glazed.

  At his uncaring response I got angry. Did he not care about what happens to him? Drugs and alcohol didn't have as much affect on werewolves as it did on humans.

  But it still affected us if we had too much.

  "Do you even care about the things that could happen to you?" I asked taking a step towards him.

  He looked into my eyes their was no emotion at all. It was like when he did this stuff it just totally changed his entire personality. And I didn't like it, not one bit.

  "Not particularly." he answered cocking his head to the left.

  "I don't want you doing those things, just because you are a werewolf, doesn't mean you are invincible." I said my voice starting to raise.

  "Why are you getting mad at me?" Ashton replied furrowing his brows together.

  "Why are acting like an idiot?"

  "You don't like how I'm living my life?" Ashton said his voice steadily raising.

  And in the heat of the moment I replied.

  "Not right now, I don't." I said.

  "Then leave!" he shouted flinging his arm towards the door. I took a step back, shocked by his words.

  He didn't really want me to go, did he?

  "You don't mean that." I whispered.

  "If you don't like the way I do things then leave, now." he said pointing towards the door.

  Tears filled my eyes.

  I didn't want to go.

  But I didn't want to see Ashton ruin his life with these things.

  Being the future alpha only got you out of so many things.

  I turned and made my way towards the door.

  I looked over my shoulder as I reached for the doorknob, hoping he would change his mind and take back what he said. But instead he just looked away, which made me bite my harshly bite my lip to stop the sob coning up my throat.

  I turned the doorknob and ran out of that god forsaken pack house.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yay, finally updated!
Vote, Comment, Become A Fan!!!

Luv ya!