Chapter 21

~Saphira~

  "I take it that since you are the mate of the future alpha you will be joining him as Luna." my grandfather said pouring Trevor and I a cup of warm tea.

  The tea had little barely noticeable flecks of green leaves, which meant my grandmother had made it.

  We were currently in my grandfather's tent.

  "That's the plan." I said taking a sip of my tea.

  "I suppose the both of you are wondering why we sent for you after so long." he continued. I shared a look with Trevor before replying.

  "Well Yea." I said.

  "We need the both of you to perform the færy ritual." my grandfather said.

  "And as you both know you were suppose to lead us once you reached the age of eighteen but things changed when your mother left us." my grandfather finished.

  I sit my tea down before looking over at Trevor. He was staring intently at my grandfather.

  The færy ritual was when leadership was passed down from one person to another.

  Of course our ancestors had wanted to make sure that those who led our kind had a pure heart and only good natured intentions for us.

  Our færy ancestors enchanted 100 cups, they would later be referred to as the ancient cups, to be used in the færy ritual.

  The original leader or leaders would put a drop of their blood into the ancient cup and so would the new leader.

  If the new leader had a pure heart and only good intentions then the cup would glow a piercing blue, but if the new leader had a dark heart and dark intentions the cup would glow a raging red.

  "When?" Trevor questioned our grandfather.

  "Tonight." he replied.

                          ****

  "Your hand ma'am." a young lady with straight brown hair and light hazel eyes asked outstretching her hand. I reached my hand out and held it palm up.

  I looked around at the gathered crowd as the lady brought a dagger towards my hand.

  Ashton was standing between my grandparents.

  I saw Ashton stiffen and his eyes darken as the lady cut my hand.

  I made eye contact with him and mouthed that I was fine, which made him relax slightly.

I took a step towards the ancient cup and held my hand over it, making a fist and squeezing it slightly so that a drop of blood fell towards the bottom.

  The lady handed me a wet towel, which I took and wiped the blood off of my hand before watching her walk towards Trevor.

  I watched as she sliced his hand as well, earning a slight growl from Carmen. He steeped forward and let a drop of his blood fall to the bottom.

  Tension circulated throughout the field as the lady sliced Sondra's hand. People held their breaths as she stepped towards the ancient cup and held her hand over it.

  It was if her blood dropping into the cup was in slow motion. It seemed like can eternity before I heard the ' thump' of her blood hitting the bottom.

  The cup immediately started glowing a piercing blue. Everyone erupted into cheers and Sondra had a gigantic smile on her face.

  Sondra would be the new leader of our clan once she reached age eighteen.

  I knew she would be a great leader.

  And just as I thought that nothing could possibly ruin this moment, the Banshees came.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ohhh cliffhanger!! What do you think is going to happen?
  Don't forget to Vote, Comment and Become A Fan!!!!