Chapter 28

~Saphira~
  I pushed the door open and stepped inside the room.

  "Ashton I-" I started but stopped once I discovered that the room was empty.

  The covers on the bed were still pulled back and the pillows were crooked.

  I looked over at the bathroom to find the door wide open and empty.

  Where was Ashton?

  The hairs on the back of my neck stood up and a chill passed over me, causing goosebumps to trail up and down my arms.

  My wolf growled in warning.

  Something was wrong.

  Just as I thought that the pack house sirens blasted through the late morning air causing me to cover my ears and kneel down on the ground, as if that could ease the pain going through my heightened hearing.

  I rose to my feet, still with my hands clamped over my ears.

  I ran out of the room, down the stairs, and stopped at the main entrance.

  "Ashton!" I shouted as loud as I could.

  I was shoved slightly as pack members raced out of their rooms and down to circle around me.

  I looked at them to find that most had their hands on their ears and some did not.

  I removed my hands, and so did all of those who had covered their ears.

  "Has anyone seen my mate?" I shouted over the blaring siren.

  I heard faint " No Luna's".

  Suddenly the sirens stopped and an eerie silence fell upon the pack house.

  I was about to open my mouth when the front door burst open to reveal Ashton, his older brother Aiden, and my twin Trevor.

  Ashton's hair was disheveled and sweat lined his hairline.

  "The Ravenous pack has attacked!" Ashton exclaimed.

  My eyes widened and gasps left the pack members mouths.

  The Ravenous pack never liked Ashton's pack and I guess they decided to attack now.

  "Pack warriors ready yourselves, they are close and we need to cut them off in the forest before they reach our territory." Ashton announced.

  Pack members rushed past me and ran outside.

  I watched as they all phased and charged towards the forest.

  I saw Trevor head towards the door.

  "Trevor!" I shouted causing him to stop and turn to face me.

  "You can't go with them!" I exclaimed.

  "I have to Saphira, they need all the help they can get." Trevor explained.

  "You know what will happen if you get hurt." I said.

  His eyes met mine and sorrow filled them.

  If he got hurt, I got hurt, which meant my baby got hurt.

  "Trevor I can't get hurt right now and neither can you." I tried to explain.

  "What?" he asked as even more pack members left past him.

  "Trevor I'm pregnant, you can't get seriously injured, it might affect my baby." I confessed.

  Trevor's eyes went wide.

  "Saphira, you're pregnant?" he asked taking a step closer.

  I nodded.

  His arms envelopes me in a hug.

  "Saphira, I have to help, people could die if I don't." Trevor started.

  "But-," I began but was cut off by Trevor.

  "If it gets too bad and I'm outnumbered I'll leave, I promise." he said.

  He placed a kiss on my check before turning around and charging outside.

  That smell.

  I turned around to see Ashton standing behind me.

  Oh no.

  He had heard that.

Great way to tell him.

  "Ashton." I said.

  His eyes met mine.

  Emotions were swirling inside them and I couldn't just pick out one to focus on.

  I headed towards him but he stepped away.

  "I have to go help." he murmured before shoving past me and following after Trevor.

  I ran to the doorway as Ashton phased into his wolf.

  "ASHTON!" I shouted after him.

  How could he just leave?

  Did he not want this?

  Yea I admit that having a kid right now isn't exactly what I expected and I know it'll be hard but everything is hard.

  Would Ashton leave me?

  It didn't slow him down though.

  I turned around to see Carmen, Amanda and Ella staring at me.

  They had probably seen the whole thing.

  I looked at Ella and saw fear, fear for her mate Elliot. I also saw sorrow, most likely for my situation.

  I turned to Carmen and saw fear as well, fear for my twin her mate, Trevor.

  Amanda also had fear in her eyes, fear for her mate Simon.

  Our loved ones were in that fight, and hopefully they would survive it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys, I finally updated!!
Anyways,

Vote, Comment, And Become A Fan!! ♥♥