Chapter 20

~Saphira~

  "I can't believe you were gone for so long!" my cousin Sondra, Rose's thirteen year old daughter said as she hugged me tightly.

  My aunt Rose only had one child and that was Sondra.

  We had only been in Rome for about four hours and I was already exhausted. I had been catching up with all of my family, and I hadn't seen Ashton since we had gotten here.

  The adults that I had already caught up with were with Ashton. I wasn't sure what they were talking about, but I did know that if they tried to scare him off or told him any embarrassing things about me I would commit red rum. (<<murder backwards, FYI.)

  "Hey, they're back." Sondra said gesturing behind me. My relatives had taken Ashton to Logan's point. Logan's point was a giant expanse of clear field, surrounded by forest,that led to a cliff. Once you walked up the cliff there was a few feet of flat ground before it ended and there was a giant distance towards the ground. A man named Logan Turner had discovered it, hence the name Logan's point.

  I turned around to see my uncle Jeff, Rose's husband, with his arm around Ashton's shoulders; both of them were laughing about something.

  My grandfather was with them as well.

  I smiled as I saw that they had gotten along rather nicely.

  His eyes met mine and his smile widened.

  "Just go already, watching you two is disturbing." Trevor said from behind me, making me jump slightly at his sudden presence before taking his advice and walking towards Ashton.

  If only he could see him and Carmen together.

  Jeff saw me coming and removed his arm from Ashton's shoulders before pulling me into a hug.

  "How's my twin ?" Jeff asked releasing me into Ashton's grasp.

  "Fine, how about you?" I asked as Ashton wrapped his arm around my waist.

  "Just dandy." Jeff said before walking off towards Sondra. Jeff was in his mid thirties, my aunt Rose was twenty nine years old, but looked younger. Jeff had dark short cut blonde hair and wavy blue eyes that were dark near the core but got lighter out towards the iris.

  Sondra had these really pretty eyes. They were hazel with flecks of blue near the core.

  Sondra had light brown hair.

  "I would like to speak to you and Trevor before you leave." my grandfather said resting his elderly hand on my shoulder.

  Him and my grandmother had been married for almost fifty years; they had gotten married at the tender age of twenty.

  He now had many signs that showed his age, but he would always be that young handsome man that fought in the war to me.

  I had seen a picture of him when he was off at the war, he favored Trevor a slight bit.

  "Okay, grandfather." I replied with a smile while resting my hand on his.

  He smiled and nodded at me before hobbling away. I wonder what he wanted to talk to us about.

  "I like them." Ashton commented as he pulled me in front of him, and out of my thoughts. I was guessing that them was my family.

  "Good." I replied smiling up at him as he wrapped his arms around my waist and held me at arm's length.

  "It's hard to think they are supernatural færies since they seem so...," he trailed off.

  "Normal." I finished with a slight smile.

  It was true, my mom's side of the family were so normal, as if they weren't supernatural beings full of power, as if they were human.

  "Yea, normal." Ashton said as he put his fingers in my belt loops and tugged me forward before placing a kiss on my temple. That small gesture had tingles exploding throughout me. The way Ashton made me feel always reminded of the song shower by Becky G.

  Ashton did light me up inside like the fourth of July.

  And as he kissed my other temple I realized that I, Saphira Richards, was dangerously in love with Ashton Smith.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
How do you guys like that chapter? A bit short I know, sorry.
Anyways, Vote, Comment, and Become A Fan!!!