nine

Remus and the other boys sat in a corner booth at the Three Broomsticks, all spying on Greta's date. Remus watched more intensely than the others, trying to figure out what they were saying, but lip reading was not necessarily somehing he thrived in.

"She looks miserable, lets go save her."

Sirius began to stand up but was quickly pulled back down by Remus.

"As much as I'd like that, she actually looks like shes enjoying herself. Lets not ruin this for her."

"She really does look like shes enjoying herself, doesnt she?" James asked.

  .☽ . 

This isnt half bad, Greta thought to herself as she watched William walk over to the bar to pay. She smiled to herself then glanced around the pub, immediately making eye contact with four sets of eyes.

She raised an eyebrow at the boys, questioning what theyre doing. James wiggled his brows in return like he was trying to ask how the date was going. Greta looked towards the bar noticing William was on his way back to the table. "Later" she mouthed, turning her attention away from the boys and to her date.

"Ready?" William asked grabbing his coat off the chair.

"Yeah where to?"

"Did you want to just walk around for a while and see where we end up?"

"Sounds like a plan."

Greta followed William out of the Three Broomsticks, shooting the boys, who were still watching the pair intensely, a thumbs up as she left.

"Did you see your brother and friends in there?" William asked.

Greta was caught off guard by the question, sort of embarrassed that he noticed them clearly spying on their date.

"Uh, yeah. Theyre quite nosy."

"Theyre protective. Its nice."

"Yeah, to a certain extent."

William chuckled slightly. "We'll have to all hang out sometime."

"That'd be really nice, I'm sure they would all like that." 

Lies. Greta thought to herself. They would absolutely hate that.

She smiled at him as he changed the subject to Quidditch, asking about her favourite teams and players.

The rest of the date was mainly small talk, getting to know each other outside of the classroom which Greta enjoyed, but at times wished she were with her friends instead.

They leaned on the fence looking out at the Shrieking Shack, a place she wished she didnt know like she did.

"Do you know the story behind this place?" 

"No, I dont think I do." Greta lied.

"Apparently its haunted. The villagers hear shrieking and awful noises coming from the shack which they assume is ghosts, but nobodies really sure."

"Oh wow. Must be scary to hear."

"Yeah. Cant say I'd like to come face to face with whatevers in there."

Greta chuckled slightly, thinking about just how many times shes come face to face with whats in there. "Me too. I'm fine with keeping my distance."

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Greta and William walked back up to the castle as the date came to a close. The humid autumn day was becoming colder and the sun began moving west, preparing to set in the hours to come.