Chapter 2

'Yare yare' - Peoples thoughts

'Yare yare' - Saikis thoughts

"Yare yare" - People speaking

"Yare yare" - Saiki speaking

~~~~~~~~~~

Y/N POV

The school bell goes off, signifying the end of class and beginning of lunch.

Kaidou - "L/N, w-would you like to eat lunch with me and my friends?"

Y/N - 'I was going to eat with Dwanye and Peggy, but I guess there's no harm in trying to make more friends."

Y/N - "Sure, why not?"

Kaidou - "G-Great! Let's go!"

You and Kaidou made your way down to the cafeteria and sat down with 3 other guys: a gorilla looking butt chin dude, a purple haired boy and a pink haired boy.

Kaidou - "You don't mind if L/N sits with us, right?"

Kuboyasu - "I don't mind."

Nendou - "Sure! No problem."

The pink haired one remained silent, seemingly indifferent.

Kaidou took a seat next to the purple haired boy and you sat by pinky.

Kuboyasu - "So, L/N, I'm Aren Kuboyasu. Nice to meet you."

Nendou - "And I'm Riki Nendou. This is my best buddy, Kusuo Saiki!"

Nendou points to the detached, mundane boy next to you.

Y/N - "...Nice to meet you too."

The rest begin to chat with each other as you decide to stay silent and eat your food. Whilst you're stuffing your mouth with sweets and junk food, you take notice of the boy next to you staring straight at you. His eyes were completely glued to you, making you slightly uncomfortable. You decide to break the ice.

Y/N - "Saiki, do you perhaps find me attractive?"

Your sudden straightforward question breaks him out of his trance.

Saiki - "...I beg your pardon?"

Y/N - "I can't help but notice you legit gawking at me."

Saiki - "I'm not attracted to you. I wasn't even staring at you."

Y/N - "Sure, sure."

You let out a slight chuckle, finding his reaction amusing. If only you knew the true reason as to why he was analysing you in such depth.

Saiki POV

Saiki - 'Good grief, that question took me by surprise. Apart from her annoying personality, nothing stands out about her.'

Saiki then lays his eyes onto the bracelet around Y/N wrist.

Saiki - '....Perhaps that's the cause. I should find more about what material it's made of.'

The bell one again rings, signalling the end of lunch and the 5 of you make your way back to class.

Y/N POV

You take a seat in class, and the teacher enters the classroom, ready to announce the assignment.

Mr Iguchi - "Afternoon, everyone, I hope you had a great lunch. For this lesson, I'd like you to all do projects in groups of 2. I've already decided your partners, and the project will be to do a book report."

Y/N - 'A book report? When was the last time I even read something that wasn't fanfic or manga?'

Mr Iguchi - "I'll read out the group's now. First, we have Mera and Yumehara..."

After a long list of names, he finally announces yours...

Mr Iguchi - "and at last we have Saiki and L/N."

Y/N - 'Seriously? Not a cliché development at all.'

You make your way towards Saiki and sit down by him. He doesn't look at you or greet you.

Y/N - "Well. I'm sure we'll have great fun working together, no?"

Saiki - "Shut up."