Chapter 30

'Yare yare' - Peoples thoughts

'Yare yare' - Saikis thoughts

"Yare yare" - People speaking

"Yare yare" - Saiki speaking

"Yare yare" - People speaking in English

~~~~~~~~~~

Y/N POV

You exit the house and meet your boyfriend outside so you can walk to school together again. You could see a smile on Kusuo's face appear once he saw you, but of course the tsundere wiped the grin off his face as quickly as he could.

Y/N - "Kusuo! Good morning."

Kusuo - "Morning, Y/N."

You both start walking together side by side. Instead of looking ahead though, you keep your eyes on your adorable boyfriend to admire him. Kusuo notices this and his ears go slightly red.

Kusuo - "What are you staring at, idiot?"

You chuckle quietly at his agitation and decide to trade him a little.

Y/N - "Kusuo, did you get even shorter?"

The psychic rolls his eyes at you; he always found it annoying when you teased him about his short height. It didn't make it better that you were steadily growing taller too.

Kusuo - "No, you just got taller. I'm not short, Y/N!!"

Y/N - "Don't get so annoyed, I'm only teasing you~ I find your height adorable anyway."

Kusuo - "Tch, shut up."

You laugh at his irritated reaction again, ready to annoy him even more. Kusuo was desperate to change the subject though, and so he decides to mention the recent rumours surrounding the new student.

Kusuo - "Anyway, did you hear about the new transfer student rumours?"

Y/N - "Ku, since when did you like to gossip about rumours?"

Kusuo - "It's just a conversation starter, Y/N!"

Y/N - "I was just wondering. But yeah I heard about it from Peggy. Do you really think they're gonna be as beautiful as Teruhashi?"

Kusuo - "I doubt it. I hope to God that's not true anyway, I can't deal with 2 Teruhashis."

Y/N - "I suppose so, but at least she's been annoying us significantly less lately. She seems to be over you now. Isn't she with Imu?"

Kusuo - "I believe so. Thank God she doesn't like me now... Let's hope the new transfer student doesn't bother me either."

Y/N - "I'm sure she won't. After all, why would they bother talking to a mundane idiot like you?"

Kusuo - "Shut up, dumbass!!"

~~~~

You and Kusuo enter the classroom and sit down in your seats. You greet Kaidou and smile at him brightly.

Y/N - "Hi Shun! How are you?"

Kaidou returns your smile and waves.

Kaidou - "I'm alright. Did you do the maths homework?"

You freeze in your place at the mention of homework; of course you had forgotten to do it. After all, playing video games and reading comics was more interesting than doing work. Kaidou knew by your face that you hadn't done the homework, and pulls out his maths book for you to copy from.

Y/N - "Thank you, Shun! You're a lifesaver!"

Kaidou sighs at your carelessness, but also smiles since he admittedly found your forgetfulness pretty amusing. You frantically copy the work into your book, making sure you got a few answers wrong to make it believable; there was no way you'd do as well as Kaidou in maths. As you continue to complete the homework as quick as you can, the teacher walks into the classroom and greets everyone.

Mr Iguchi - "Good morning, everyone. I'd like to introduce to everyone the new transfer student."

You perk your head up curiously - you didn't think the transfer student would actually be joining your class. You were waiting patiently for them to enter, wondering if the rumours were true. Mr Iguchi signals for the student to enter the room, and as soon as they entered everyone's jaws had dropped.

A girl of average height and petite stature steps into the classroom. You look her up and down, analysing her appearance; straight, white hair that gently cascaded down past her shoulders, slightly pink tinted cheeks and, most of all, jewelled, ruby eyes that beautifully reflected the lights in the class. There was no doubt about it; the rumours about her being a beauty were true. You could even see Teruhashi foaming at her mouth in the corner of your eye - she most certainly wasn't happy with the appearance of the new transfer student.

The girl, still maintaining her aloof composure, wrote her name neatly onto the chalkboard; even her handwriting was exquisite. She turned around and faced the classroom, scanning everyone with her glowing yet cold eyes.

Student - "Good morning. My name is Arianne Leigh and it's nice to meet you all. I hope you take care of me."

She bows politely for a moment and raises her head again just to find her new classmates still stunned. It took everyone almost a minute to snap out of their trance and begin talking again. You heard whispers everywhere about Arianne's beauty.

"Holy shit, she's pretty!"

"The rumours really are true..."

"She's even prettier than Teruhashi!"

"I'd die for her!!"

"Step on me~"

You noticed Arianne sweat drop at everyone's response; she didn't seem to enjoy the attention, unlike her blue-haired rival. She sighs and faces the teacher, silently begging him to start class quickly so she could escape.

Mr Iguchi - "Leigh, please take a seat by Saiki. Saiki, please raise your hand."

Kusuo groans quietly and raises his hand; of course he'd get seated by the person that would attract the most attention. Arianne makes her way towards him and takes a seat next to the visibly irritated Kusuo. You'd think she'd be pretty offended by his negative reaction, but you turn your head to look at her and instead find a small smile on her face. Your eyes widen at the odd mood change and you couldn't help but observe a little longer. As you continue to watch them though, a small feeling of insecurity soon begins to eat at you.