Chapter 34

'Yare yare' - Peoples thoughts

'Yare yare' - Saikis thoughts

"Yare yare" - People speaking

"Yare yare" - Saiki speaking

"Yare yare" - People speaking in English

~~~~~~~~~~

Dwanye - "So it's possible this may be a concern."

You went to your besties for more advice, for some reason. Honestly, you might as well ask a walk for advice instead, but it's not like you had anything to lose. Plus, you didn't really have any other friends to vent to.

Peggy - "I still wouldn't worry though. Maybe Saiki just wants to be friends with her."

Y/N - "She clearly wants something more though. She literally told me her intentions straight up!"

Dwanye - "True, but that doesn't necessarily mean Saiki will like her back."

Y/N - "I'd be surprised if he didn't. This stupid bitch is too perfect."

You faceplanted into the table in annoyance. You still couldn't wrap your head around one thing; how could Kusuo not detect a single flaw? He could easily read her mind, so how could he not tell she had a clear ulterior motive. Or was it just that he didn't care? The latter idea made you feel nauseated and heartbroken just thinking about it.

Dwanye - "Don't worry though. If he cheats we can just slit his throat."

Peggy - "Um, how about we solve this peacefully instead?"

Dwanye clicks her tongue, visibly agitated by that suggestion.

Dwanye - "You're so dull, Peggy."

Peggy - "Because I don't want to become a criminal!?"

You raise your head and stare at the pair of bickering annoyances in front of you. You facepalmed and contemplated why on earth you were even friends with these lot.

Y/N - "You know maybe I'll just go and ask a gorilla for advice instead, that'd be more useful."

Dwanye - "I gave you perfectly good advice."

Y/N - "You suggested homicide, you crazy bitch."

Dwanye - "Wow, talk about ungrateful..."

You rolled your eyes and continued arguing, until your eyes locked onto Kusuo. All the feelings of dread and insecurity came flooding back again. Dwanye and Peggy noticed your mood change and turned around. They looked back at you sympathetically and had even ceased their constant yammering.

Dwanye - "Ah, at least he's not hanging around Arienne at the moment!"

Dwanye's attempt to latch on to the smallest bit of hope didn't really do much to help you.

Peggy - "Maybe you aren't being aggressive enough? Go up to him and ask him out on a date!"

Y/N - "First good advice you've given in months."

Peggy - "You could've just said thank you!"

You got up and nervously made your way towards him; you had no clue why you felt like a bother. He was your boyfriend, afterall. You put on your best, most charming smile and approached Kusuo.

Y/N - "Kusuo!"

Kusuo turned around and greeted you back.

Kusuo - "Good afternoon, Y/N. What's up?"

Y/N - "Ah, I was wondering if you were free again after school. I wanna hang out."

Kusuo - "Sorry, I'd like to but I have to complete the assignment with Arienne as it's due in tomorrow after all."