Chapter 23

'Yare yare' - Peoples thoughts

'Yare yare' - Saikis thoughts

"Yare yare" - People speaking

"Yare yare" - Saiki speaking

"Yare yare" - People speaking in English

~~~~~~~~~~

Y/N POV

It had been a little over a month since you and Kusuo had started dating. Your relationship was still the same as it was when you were just friends, still hanging out everyday as usual. You had run into some troubles with Teruhashi though. Her obsession grew even more as soon as she heard the news about you and Kusuo dating. At first this deeply worried you, after all she was most definitely a force to be reckoned with. However, you were reassured it wouldn't hinder your relationship with Kusuo; you couldn't imagine that man cheating or doing anything of the sort.

Whilst you were incredibly happy with how things were going between you and Kusuo, there was one other thing you were a little concerned about - the lack of intimacy. It wasn't exactly surprising the stoic, seemingly emotionless psychic wasn't so big on showing much affection. You and Kusuo shared kisses here and there on your dates, but you wanted something more.

You felt a little embarrassed confronting your boyfriend upfront about this thought; you weren't much better at showing affection to be honest. And so you asked 2 certain people for advice on the issue, which you soon realised was probably one of the worst mistakes you've ever made.

~~~~

Dwanye - "I see, I see..."

Y/N - "So? What should I do?"

Peggy - "Hmmm..."

Peggy and Dwanye sit still on your sofa deep in thought. You stood in front of them, patiently waiting for their response. You knew you wouldn't be getting any good feedback though once 2 minutes passed in silence.

Y/N - "Yeah, I'll give you a few more hours to think, how about that?"

Dwanye - "Cheers, this is actually kind of difficult."

Peggy - "Yeah, I have no idea."

Y/N - "Wow. Why are you even here if you weren't going to help?"

Dwanye - "Boredom."

Peggy - "What Dwanye said."

Y/N - "Honestly. You read so many X reader fanfictions and watch so many romcoms and yet you can't give me any advice?"

Peggy - "Um, well how about you both watch a romance film together?"

Dwanye - "With steamy scenes."

Y/N - "How would that do anything?"

Peggy - "I don't know, maybe it'd trigger certain feelings or something."

You facepalm and hold back from ruthlessly insulting your friends. You were no better than them at romance, but you thought they'd be at least a bit more educated about it than you. You sigh in exhaustion and flop next to them on the sofa.

Y/N - "Maybe I should just get used to being in a relationship with a detached, cold-blooded man."

Dwanye - "Too bad. Can't relate though, my boyfriend's a sweetheart that always treats me to ramen."

Peggy - "Same, mine even planned our wedding already."

Y/N - "Are you here to flex your relationships or help?"

Peggy - "S-Sorry. Are you sure you can't just confront him about it? I'm sure he'd do anything for you to be honest."

Y/N - "I feel awkward doing that though. What if he thinks I'm too clingy? Or moving too quickly in the relationship?"