Chapter 32

'Yare yare' - Peoples thoughts

'Yare yare' - Saikis thoughts

"Yare yare" - People speaking

"Yare yare" - Saiki speaking

"Yare yare" - People speaking in English

~~~~~~~~~~

Y/N POV

It turns out all your worries about Arienne had been for nothing so far. It's been just over a week since she transferred, and no drama or anything has taken place contrary to what would usually happen after the appearance of a new student. You and Kusuo were still in a great place, Peggy and Dwanye were still idiots and your friendship with Kaidou was great too. Sometimes you felt as if Arienne was watching Kusuo at times, but you brushed it off as you simply being paranoid. Feeling jealous about this would be unnecessary and harsh, you thought, so you eventually forgot about it.

It was now Monday, start of another new week, and you were walking with Kusuo on your way to school. Your interactions were the same as usual, with you teasing him constantly and him pretending to not enjoy it. Everytime you spoke to your boyfriend you couldn't help feel happy deep down too that your relationship with him hadn't been hindered by the new transfer student. You were thankful Kusuo couldn't hear your insecure thoughts too, otherwise you'd be pretty embarrassed.

You both finally make it to school, still bickering and flirting with each other as you continue on your way to the classroom. Unbeknownst to both of you though, you were already late to class. Kusuo slides the door open and the teacher looks at both of you, prepared to scold you.

Mr Iguchi - "You two are almost 20 minutes late to class. Care to explain?"

You and Kusuo share awkward, flustered glances at each other. Both of you had overslept due to certain events the night before that may have caused some fatigue. After a few seconds of silence, you decide to speak up.

Y/N - "A-Ah, just a few distractions. We apologize."

The teacher examines you both for a moment before sighing and deciding to let you off.

Mr Iguchi - "Please just quickly sit down and get your books out."

You both rush to your seats and Mr Iguchi resumes teaching the lesson. As you get your books out, Kaidou quietly greets you.

Kaidou - "Morning, Y/N."

Y/N - "Morning, Shun!"

You finish getting your supplies out and offer Kaidou a smile, which he returns. You then look towards the teacher, pretending to immerse yourself into the lesson when really you were just about to daydream. Just before your daily class zone out however, the teacher makes an announcement about the work needed to be completed.

Mr Iguchi - "Right class, I will now be setting another piece of partner work to complete."

The class groans, evidently dissatisfied they have to complete another project. Not to mention you're not even allowed to choose your own partner.

Mr Iguchi - "As usual, I'll be choosing the partners and to make it easier I've decided that you shall work with the person next to you."

You and Kaidou look at each other happily. You were glad you could work with a friend and not some rando. For a moment, you were joyful about this. Until you realised who Kusuo's partner would be. You pinch the bridge of your nose and sigh to yourself.

Y/N - 'Shit.'

You knew it was irrational to feel envious, especially since your boyfriend was Kusuo, someone who'd never even dare to cheat on his girlfriend who he clearly adored and doted on. And yet you still felt vulnerable, knowing that this Arienne may have possibly already taken an interest in him. It also didn't help that she was probably the most beautiful girl you'd ever seen.