Chapter 13

'Yare yare' - Peoples thoughts

'Yare yare' - Saikis thoughts

"Yare yare" - People speaking

"Yare yare" - Saiki speaking

~~~~~~~~~~

Y/N POV

It was a Saturday afternoon and you were on your way to Saiki's house; he invited you over on short notice, sending you a text saying "Please come over, there's a cockroach and my mom's not home to get rid of it." It kind of annoyed you that your relaxation was disrupted with something you thought to be a dumb issue, but you were admittedly a little happy that you could see him.

Y/N - 'What a dumbass.'

You chuckled to yourself as you continued to think about him, completely zoned out. You were so unaware of your surroundings you didn't notice the 5ft 10 blonde guy right in front of you, accidentally bumping into him. Startled by the occurrence, the man turns around and sees you on the floor.

Y/N - "Ouch..."

You rub your temple with your fingers, quietly groaning in pain. After a moment, you look up and notice the guy had his hand reached out to you, offering to help you up.

Stranger - "Are you alright?"

Blushing a little at the attractive man, you take his hand and allow him to pull you up to your feet. Embarrassed about how clumsy you were, you clear your throat awkwardly and gather your poise.

Y/N - "Ahem, I'm fine. S-Sorry for you know, bumping into you."

The man let's out a chuckle, amused by your awkwardness.

Stranger - "It's alright. Though I'm not quite sure how you didn't see me right in front of you, haha."

You scratch the back of your head sheepishly, not knowing how to respond to his remark. You couldn't exactly say that you were too busy daydreaming about a weird pinkette that's scared shitless of bugs.

Y/N - "I was just zoning out. I get really immersed in my thoughts a lot."

Stranger - "Haha, how cute. May I know your name?"

You found him to be kind of patronizing, but you decided to be polite and answer his question.

Y/N - "Y/N L/N. You?"

He put his hand out, ready to shake yours.

Kusuke - "Kusuke Saiki."

You look him up and down a moment before deciding to shake his hand. It takes you a moment to clock that he has the same last name as Kusuo.

Y/N - "Kusuke Saiki?"

Kusuke - "Yes, Kusuke Saiki!"

Y/N - "You don't happen to know a certain Kusuo Saiki, right?"

Kusuke looks at you, taken aback that you know Kusuo.

Kusuke - "As a matter of fact, I do. He's my baby bro!"

Y/N - "Kusuo has a brother!? That moron never told me that..."

Kusuke places his hand on his chin, examining and analysing you for a moment. You twiddle with your thumbs awkwardly, uncomfortable with the staring.

Kusuke - "You don't happen to be Kusuo's girlfriend, right?"

His question renders you flustered and surprised, not expecting such a personal question.

Y/N - "Definitely not. I'm just his friend."

Kusuke - "I see, my mistake! Are you making your way to his house?"